Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade of surge firmware

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i have a question regarding the firmware of the Surge, right now I can only track my running although the app shows that I "could" track yoga, rowing, and other activities yet I do not have them as a choice on my surge setting.

is there an upgrade that will allow to use those too? as it is listed as I should be able to track other activities yet on the app and Surge watch are not available to pick them as an activity even thou they are listed!

thanks

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@PatriIRE, there are no updates for the Surge and haven't been for several years; that said, while the Surge has a number of exercise modes (hiking, spinning...), I don't believe I've ever seen yoga or rowing as options.

Best Answer

@PatriIRE Your activity selection is in your Fitbit Dashboard. Click on "Settings" (the gear to the upper right). Select "Settings" from the dropdown menu. Then "device settings" located to the left. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Exercise Shortcuts. Click "Edit" and make your selections. Up to 7. Yoga is there but I don't see Rowing. Once you make your selections click "Save". Be sure to Sync your Surge for the changes to take effect. Good luck. 

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

@VF31AE3 wrote:

@PatriIRE Your activity selection is in your Fitbit Dashboard. Click on "Settings" (the gear to the upper right). Select "Settings" from the dropdown menu. Then "device settings" located to the left. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Exercise Shortcuts. Click "Edit" and make your selections. Up to 7. Yoga is there but I don't see Rowing. Once you make your selections click "Save". Be sure to Sync your Surge for the changes to take effect. Good luck. 

Ahhh, good call, I had forgotten about the ability to tune the exercises.

Best Answer

thanks for this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that but it will not let me select another activity. you are right there is no rowing or yoga but aerobics etc. i can only see that the app should recognize different activities but i cannot actually pick another activity from my surge directly or my app ....

thanks again for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes