Cover Image
Mar 07, 2024

On the Pulse: Introducing Fitbit Product Expert, Heather S.

LeticiaFitbit
Fitbit Moderator

Hey Fitbit Community, 

If you’ve ever visited our product support Community, chances are that you’ve run into an extra helpful user sporting a special badge - these users make up our amazing Google Fitbit Product Experts.

Fitbit Product Experts are a group of select volunteers who advocate for the betterment of Fitbit products and services. It is their mission to facilitate a welcoming environment and contribute knowledge, advice, and encouragement within the Fitbit forums.

With that in mind, we want you to get to know the passionate Fitbit user behind the screen, starting with Heather S.!

Heather S. joined the Fitbit PE program back in 2018 when it was known as the Community Council. After receiving her first Fitbit Blaze on June 28, 2016 – exactly a month before her birthday – Heather’s been hooked ever since. She switches up her device regularly including the Luxe and Versa 4. 

We asked her some questions about her journey with Fitbit and the Community.  

Q: What sparked your interest in helping others on the Fitbit Community?

Heather: I can’t remember exactly what drove me to the Fitbit Community originally, but I’ve always loved helping people and troubleshooting. What started out as just a little hobby has become such a big part of my life. 

Q: What's the most rewarding part of being a Fitbit Product Expert?

H: Helping users find solutions to their problems and getting to work with my fellow PEs – they always help if I’m stuck trying to solve a problem or need someone to see if they are also experiencing the same issue.

Q: What advice would you give to someone wanting to become a more active and helpful member of the community?

H: I like to check the community at set times – so usually in the morning when I wake up, I’ll check the community to see if there are any new issues that need help. If I have time, I’ll also look at the community on my lunch break and in the evening before winding down for the night. A consistent routine helps keep me engaged and on the pulse of what is happening in the community.

Q: What are your favorite Fitbit features and why?

H: Fitbit sleep tracking is one of my favorite features. I check my sleep every morning and I like to analyze it. And to be honest, step counting is still the main reason I move my body every day and if I don’t hit my step goal, I definitely notice it both mentally and physically. 

PE Tip: The HidrateSpark water bottle syncs with my Fitbit app, which has really helped me stay on track with meeting my hydration goals and I love that I don’t have to manually log my water.

Q: Do you have a specialization within the Fitbit device realm? 

H: Device shortcuts, Fitbit Premium, Mindfulness, the Luxe, Versa 4, and Sense are my specializations. I also like to help users by sharing screenshots to guide them, as most people are visual learners.

5EC33E2D-55CF-40FF-A517-7D6FD33407E7.jpg

Thank you to Heather for being a wonderful and helpful PE and an overall valued member of the Fitbit Community — We appreciate all that you do! 

Take a minute to say hi to Heather if you see her around in the Community and ask about her love for dogs, tips on a pescatarian diet, living in nine different states and of course her passion for Fitbit. 

If you’re interested in learning more about the Google PE program and applying to have a chance to have your very own PE badge (along with some other fun perks) by helping others make the most out of Google’s products, sign up for the Google Product Experts Program here

Your Fitbit Community Team