Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch with Fitbit Dashboard?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like many, I bought an apple watch.  However, most of my friends still have fitbits and therefore are using the dashboard to keep track of stats.

Is there any official way to sync the apple watch steps to the fitbit dashboard? I do see some third party apps that may do this, but it's not promising.

Thank you.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Use Sync Solver (Health to Fitbit).

Download it in the Apple App Store.

Works well and I don't have to wear the fitbit band anymore!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

I bought my first Fitbit One a couple of years ago. Then came the disaster of the recall (of which I had a reaction to). I went to wearing only part of the day since I didn't want to give it up! But after the corporation did the recall with no viable option my additude of the company change. I went from a fibtbit fan boy who encouraged many to buy fitbit products. I did a total 180. My Apple watch will arrive tomorrow. Moving forward I will no never purchase another fitbit product. I have their scale... it will be replaced buy a competitor's product! Fitbit's corporate arrogance and stupidity have cost them a custome who has spent close to $500 on thier products. Their lack of support of healthkit was the final straw. All I can say is goodbye Fitbit... moving a great production forward to stuck to your guns and stupidity. 

Best Answer

Use Sync Solver (Health to Fitbit).

Download it in the Apple App Store.

Works well and I don't have to wear the fitbit band anymore!

Best Answer

I too have given up on Fitbit. Bugs were reported, things have not been fixed when promised in a quick enough timeframe. The skin irritation from the products (which seems not to occur on competitor straps... hmmm) and the continuous problems I encountered with data reported from the device. 

I would love to stay involved in the Fitbit ecosystem but they dont play nice enough with 3rd party trackers. I cant compete with my friends from my Apple Watch steps and the lack of healthkit integration has forced me to abandon it. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the recommendation.  Got it and was able to get it to work with FitBit.

Hopefully FitBit doesn't ban their app due to jealousy of the apple watch.

Best Answer
I also am syncing with the Sync Solver. I can view my stats on Fitbit, especially the heart monitoring from the Apple Watch.

Additionally, I've using the Misfit Shine to collect data on steps and sleep. I can aggregate the data on the Health app and on the Misfit dashboard.

The numbers are motivating me to be more active and to reflect on my progress.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't find that App when searching, any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting thread. I am planning to order an Apple Watch very soon (just need to make the hour drive to an Apple Store so I can decide between the 38mm and 42mm...I'm thinking 38mm because I have 170mm wrists and don't like large watches). 

I'm not sure about how much I will use my Fitbit once the watch is here. I guess that will depend mostly on how I like the watch and how well it functions for tracking what is important to me. I figure I will at least need to use the Fitbit for sleep tracking (at least until the Apple Watch supports that). I have read mixed reviews about the watch's accuracy as an activity tracker, but I'm not training for competitive sports so absolute precision is not super important to me. I just wear my Fitbit One to monitor general activity trends (mostly for walking as it leaves a lot to be desired for tracking my bicycling), sleep trends and my weight. Still, even if I just use the Fitibit for sleep, it would be nice to have all the data in the same apps. 

Best Answer

I've been using the Apple Watch (38mm with different bands) for over 30 days now.

I also have kept using my Fitbit One on a neck chain.  There is much overlap in tracking.  Essentially, the Fitbit One works well for measuring stair climbing.  That seems to be the only differentiator that allows me to hold onto it for now.  It's small enough and unobtrusive.  I do have to remember to remove it when showering or swimming.

I track my sleep with the Misfit Shine, as it has a great app and seems to work better.  My Fitbit One used to track my sleep and doesn't connect anymore, nor do I have the patience to figure out why.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reviving this thread as it's been a bit of an annoyance for me for awhile now as well. It's amazing to me that we can't use the Apple Watch with the Fitbit app, or sync data with HealthKit - seems to be incredibly short-sighted on Fitbit's part. We can still use our phones to use MobileTrack (which I do b/c I like the app and the community aspect), but can't pull in the data from the watch? It's just plain dumb. I don't use Fitbit premium myself, but I do have an Aria scale and love having all this data in one place and having a friend list for competition and so on. Working with the watch would keep people in the Fitbit world despite the fact that they may no longer have an actual Fitbit (much like my 5s and 6+ have done in between having the Force and the Charge HR before getting the watch) and keep people engaged with the platform. I love the run tracking with the GPS on the phone (and being able to trigger that from a wrist-mounted device once I've put the phone in my zip up pocket or Flip Belt would be HUGE) and being able to see all that after the fact.

With OS 2 coming out this fall, they'd have access to the full device and essentially be able to have an additional Fitbit without the R&D, just build out the app! They could make the Apple Watch the best Fitbit (maybe they are planning and we don't know it, but I'm not optimistic), and yet it's completely shut off. I'm personally of the opinion that somebody in the market for an Apple Watch is not going to buy a Fitbit instead (and vice-versa), the price points are just that different... the Surge is not a smartwatch (or super watch or whatever), it's a fitness device that happens to provide basic additional functions. I love the Fitbit platform, and I think they need to get it onto additional devices/operating systems and bring people in that way.

I have to carry my phone playing basketball if I want those steps and risk breaking it on somebody's hip... and I WANT THOSE STEPS.

Best Answer

@optize Great to see you here! Just wanted you to know that I've gone ahead and moved your recent topic "Apple Watch with Fitbit Dashboard" to the Third-party integrations board because it's more related to the topic. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I can understand why the people at Fitbit don't want to effectively give away the functionality of their ecosystem to people who aren't buying their products but I really don't get why they don't allow data from the watch to sync with Fitbit for people prepared to pay for Premium.

I have a Charge which I still use at night for sleep tracking and I stick my One in my pocket so I can still be part of challenges but I'd much rather not use the One anymore. I won't buy another one when I lose this one (as I inevitably will) but I'd happily pay the annual fee for Premium if it meant data from my watch could count for challenges.
Best Answer

@AnnLondon It's nice to see you around! Fitbit is always trying to improve trackers and website and to make you have the best experience while also keeping track of your health. This is a great idea and can help others, I would love to see this suggestion posted in our Ideas Board because those ideas are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Hope I can see your ideas on the board soon. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I agree with this idea! I love my new Apple watch but will REALLY miss the motivation of the challenges on Fitbit. I've done the sync app so I get the steps but the real drawing card for Fitbit is the community.  I'll pay to have it!

Best Answer
Set up "Mobile Track" in the Fitbit app. It will use the steps from your iPhone (which pulls steps from your Apple Watch Activity app) and import to Fitbit. The steps will count toward your challenges.
Best Answer

Seems like it might work to use the MobileTrack option. I haven't tested this yet, but it seems like it would work and provides an option that's not based on 3rd party software. 

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-use-MobileTrack

Best Answer
I think Mobile Track will only pick up steps recorded by your phone directly rather than from the watch. Given that these days my phone isn't always in my pocket, that's a lot less useful than it would have been before I got my watch,
Best Answer

Correct,I spoke too soon. I tried for a day and thought it was reading watch steps, but after a 5K this morning while wearing my Apple Watch the steps did not sync 😞

Best Answer
It's somehow extra irritating that Fitbit is happy to accept steps from the phone (or other brands of tracker, I think) but specifically excludes the watch. Given the rate at which I lose Fitbit Ones (think I'm on my fourth) and the poor build quality of the Charge (my replacement one is showing signs of coming apart; it seems very possible that I'll need three or four replacements before the warranty is up), Fitbit is proving rather more expensive than the watch but I like the eco-system so I'm hanging on for the time being. I'd happily pay a Premium subscription if it took steps from the watch but If that doesn't happen I think that's probably it for me and Fitbit once the trackers I have get lost or broken.
Best Answer

@AnnLondon wrote:
It's somehow extra irritating that Fitbit is happy to accept steps from the phone (or other brands of tracker, I think) but specifically excludes the watch. 

from the phone, sure, but by the Fitbit app or an Apple app ?

the Fitbit app, i think.

Fitbit has no business interest to accept data from other brands, unless you pay for the service.

Best Answer
0 Votes