Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch with Fitbit Dashboard?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I successfully used Mobile Track to record my steps from my iPhone 6s. Since I got an Apple Watch and synced with Mobile Track, the Fitbit dashboard and Apple Health on the iPhone have shown different numbers of steps. Why Is this? I have installed the current versions of the apps and iOS.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

ozzee655

thanks for sharing your solution...  have you noticed if the dashboard weekly total steps updates with your solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for joining the Forums and sharing that process @ozzee655.

That seems like a possibility. I'd be interested in reading about other users trying the same thing out. 

In the meantime, perhaps you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics that you can discuss in there

Hope to see you around.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sync Solver does not work, and has not worked for several years. This is by design - FitBit does not allow them to write step data. FitBit does not use Apple Health to get step counts. This is because FitBit uses their hardware for income, so letting Apple Watch act as hardware for the FitBit software does not make money. It makes sense, and I don't think they have much of a choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @rsilvers.

Thanks for sharing your experience and your thoughts on everything. I think it is very important to take into consideration all sorts of different factors when discussing situations like this. 

Be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards if you have the time. Lots of different topics to discuss with other members of the Forums.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit- I have a Fitbit Blaze and now an Apple Watch as well. I guess that Fitbit links to the app dashboard directly and shares the info with the apps within the Fitbit dashboard. I love Fitbit dashboard app. There seem to be a lot of confusion between IPhone and Apple watch updates.

So is it not possible to develop an interface directly between Apple watch and Fitbit dashboard? That way, you give user the option of using either Fitbit or Apple with the nice Fitbit dashboard.

Such an interface would be free for Fitbit users, but Apple watch users will have to pay for that interface which I think they will gladly pay.

Best Answer

A very warm welcome to the Community @srj1209

I absolutely understand where you're coming from. Perhaps you could look into supporting the idea to integrate the two. You can vote for it or comment on it to show the support. 

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In all my research that I have found about getting Apple Watch data onto your Fitbit app – it’s not going to happen. They are direct competitors as Apple stopped selling Fitbit items in their store since they manufactured the Apple Watch which is a fitness tracker in competition with Fitbit now. My husband and my daughter both took their Fitbit’s back and got Apple Watch’s. I was reluctant to since I have lots of friends that I do you challenges with and didn’t want to give that up. They literally just gave me an Apple Watch for Christmas today and I’m not sure what I’m going to do – don’t want to give up my Fitbit friends!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SFulton2000

Hope you had a great Christmas! Thanks for considering Fitbit and not wanting to leave the Fitbit experience. 

If you have the time, perhaps you can find further motivation to continue using Fitbit in our Discussion boards. You can talk about a lot of different things with other users. 

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer

Hey man  @ASOne

May I ask how did you connect your Apple Watch to Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not connect them, it is not possible. They are competitors and do not make them to work together. Maybe in the future, who knows. Sorry I couldn’t help you further.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I didn’t connect the watch to a Fitbit. The watch syncs with my iPhone, and the Fitbit app on the phone takes the number of steps from the phone and sends them to my Fitbit account. It doesn’t count steps that are recorded only from the watch and not the phone, e.g., playing the piano counts toward “steps” on the watch but not on the phone.
Best Answer

Hey @ASOne

thanks is much man, that was helpful :))

Best Answer

Hey @IslamSallam4@ASOne and @SFulton2000.

Glad to see everyone talking and answering each other's questions. 

If you all have the time, perhaps you could visit our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about in there.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes