Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch with Fitbit Dashboard?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like many, I bought an apple watch.  However, most of my friends still have fitbits and therefore are using the dashboard to keep track of stats.

Is there any official way to sync the apple watch steps to the fitbit dashboard? I do see some third party apps that may do this, but it's not promising.

Thank you.

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89
And yet it does accept data from my phone. Plus, I own two Fitbits (and have bought about four over the last few years); in an ideal world I'd like to wear my watch during the day and switch to my Charge when I get home as I prefer that for sleep tracking.

I'm not asking for something for nothing; like many posting here, I'd be happy to pay the annual Premium subscription if it meant my watch could be treated as a tracker.
Best Answer
There is an alternative option. Check out the app and website called "Matchup". It's a fitness challenge app which aggregates data from all major trackers (Inc Apple Watch AND Fitbit).
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ooh, when I checked before Matchup wasn't in the UK App Store; I see it us now, so I may give it a try. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the Health to Fitbit Solver, but it does not transfer all of my steps --- usually half of them. Any other suggestions you've heard of?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me get this straight!
Apple Watch is owned by Apple and therefore syncs with the Apple Watch App and Apple HealthKit on your iPhone 5 or higher
Fitbits will sync with the Fitbit app and using third party apps it will sync with Apple HealthKit
There are no third party apps available to sync Apple Watch with Fitbit App
I don't think there will be any app for a long time to do this.
Fitbit can sync with HealthKit because HealthKit allows for third party apps to sync with it, however Apple Watch won't sync with Fitbit because
1. Apple Watch App doesn't support third party
2. Fitbit app doesn't have support for third party devices
Just wanted to explain, if you have any other knowledge of this topic please reply to this comment and let me know
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not entirely true. Health (and Apple Watch) syncs with Fitbit through the IOS app Health to Fitbit. Apple Watch steps don't count toward Fitbit challenges though. 
Check out the app Stridekick for cross platform challenges. 

Sent from Outlook on my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I pay for Fitbit but I'm an Apple Watch user. I pay for Fitbit for the community and fun motivating challenges, not the flimsy products, which means that since they still won't integrate steps for challenges with the watch, I will reconsider the value of my subscription when it's time to renew. Sucks, because I'd happily pay for the premium account while having the watch, just to enjoy meeting goals with friends.

Best Answer

I went and got Stridekick and added my Apple Watch as a device. I can't seem to find how to link this to my Fitbit account. Reached out to Stridekick's support and did not get a response. Would love some help if you know how to do this. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Opiatesmile! Currently, it's not possible to link Fitbit with Apple Watch. However, some people have linked both apps using Sync Solver

Also, you may want to vote for this idea Integrate with Apple Watch. Because those suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Ok. Could you provide me with step by step directions on how to see my
steps from health in the fitbit app? For the life of me I cannot see them
anywhere.
Thanks,
Ryan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Opiatesmile! You may want to contact SyncSolver directly so they can further assist you as this isn't an official integration yet. 

Thanks for your understanding! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Just FYI thee is no app called sync solver.  

Nothiing on the App Store 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Kotep, thank you for the information. I looked for the app on the AppStore and indeed, there is no app.

So what you can do is use your Safari browser or any other browser and search for syncsolver.com to proceed from here.

upload (4).png

Hope this helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sync solver shows up on the App Store for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason, Sync Solver didn't work for me.  Sync Solver only tracks steps taken with my mobile phone.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That doesn't work for me.  I only get steps when I'm carrying my mobile phone.  Maybe its Operator Error!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Ansmith, Its been a few weeks since you posted, so let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Not that this is just a workaround, due to SyncSolver is not an official integration from Fitbit. Under these circumstances its hard to predict how its going to work and which data will sync since the integrations was not developed by us.

The best to do in this scenarios, is to approach directly to SyncSolver support as my friend @SilviaFitbit mentioned before to know more details on how it works and which information will sync from your Fitbit account.

See you around and stay awesome.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see Sync Solver in the app store. Is it listed under something else?

Kenneth

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't allow you to participate in any of the challenges though - just get your daily numbers to the dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is funny because that's sort of what they did.  They now limit the steps shown in some places to just the ones recorded on your phone, not including the ones from healthkit/apple watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes