Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Log-in to Set Up Pandora through Fitbit app-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When trying to set-up Pandora on my Ionic (yes, I'm in the US and I have a Premium Pandora account) I cannot get beyond the screen in the Fitbit app where I put in my Pandora username and password. I get the spinning circles and then...nothing. It just continues spinning until I back out of the process. I should note that at the top of the screen there is a progress bar that looks to be about an eighth of the way completed. I can log in to the Pandora app on my phone with no issues using the same username and password. Has anyone had this experience or know how to resolve it? I really like the performance of the Ionic as a standalone exercise device, but getting it to sync properly and play music have been extremely frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any help.

*** Edit: Fitbit app is running on a Verizon Galaxy Note 4. ***

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

A warm welcome to the Community @umpy11! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. It's pretty weird that you're not able to link both accounts as it's just loading. I would like you to confirm you have the latest version of the app which is 2.63 for Android. 

After this, just force quit both apps and follow the linking procedure again

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have the same issue, just got the Iconic as a gift yesterday (12/24/17) and can't log in to Pandora premium account with the Fitbit App. Using a Samsung S5 active. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with Pandora not logging in.  Circles just keep spinning and I also don't have any issues logging in on my Samsung 6 phone.  I just got my Ionic on 2/16/18.

I just purchase the Premium Pandora package, and can't log in on this Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @GIRN2016 and @Melvilleismybro! I would like you to double check you're following this procedure to transfer music to your Fitbit Ionic How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch?

If you keep receiving an error, provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
No help whatsoever!
Best Answer

I've had the same issue login to Pandora on my Galaxy S6. I downloaded the app on my PC and logged into Pandora just fine. Now my Fitbit is syncing with the Pandora stations and it looks like it's working fine. Must just be a issue with the mobile app everyone please try the app on your PC or Mac. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @308_Hobbyist! Thank you so much for sharing with the Community the steps that worked for you, I'm sure this can help others. 

Have you checked our Discussions Board? There you can find get moving, eat well, manage weight and sleep betterRobot Happy

Best Answer

I just spent the last couple of hours trying to figure out why I couldn't log into my pandora account through the fitbit app but I finally got through. I had to download the fitbit app onto my computer (windows). It let me log into pandora through the fitbit app then when I went back to my phone it was already logged in. Then I had the option to put my stations into my versa. I do not know if this will work for anyone but give it a chance. Side Note: you must have a paid subscription with Pandora not the free version. 

Connect Versa Fitbit to computer via usb

Step 1 Download fitbit app to computer.

Step 2 Log in to fitbit  app on the computer.

Step 3 Top right corner of the app you will see a music note. Click

Step 4 Click on Pandora and log in

Step 5 Go back to phone and check app to see if you are logged into Pandora. Hopefully should be if not log in. cross your fingers

Honestly this worked for me. Hope it works for you guys. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you on the Community @GiseleTC! I appreciate that you've shared the tips that solved the Pandora issue, you were experiencing, I'm sure this can help others. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried going through the app on my computer to get access Pandora only to find out that you can only setup the Versa through the mobile app. Hence there is no way I can use the pc version of the app to setup Pandora. Does anyone have any suggestions on solving this issue?

Best Answer

What a colossal failure regarding the  Pandora / Fitbit linking..

I've tried every  permutation of the methods described here...

nothing....

Can I get credits for the two weeks Ive tried to get Pandora to work with my Versa...

Fitbit developers should hang heads in shame...

Best Answer

I just bought a Versa3 and wanted to comment that this issue is definitely still present in the Fitbit app for Android. I am on a Pixel 5a running Android 12. Just wanted to give an update because the customer service team wasn't much support.

What I believe is happening is the app developer didn't separate the login action from the Pandora station download. So once you give it correct credentials it immediately begins downloading your stations (which takes time) meanwhile you are under the impression the login is having issues. I believe this because while the login circles are going on my phone, I can access the Fitbit desktop app and see my stations in Pandora, so I know the login has worked.

All in all, a very frustrating first experience with the product. Really disappointing to see that this issue has been around for almost 5 years without a resolution. I believe fitbit will start seeing this a lot more as they transition people to only using music subscriptions.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Sense and am also having the same issue. Is this issue really unsolved after 5 years? There doesn't appear to be a Mac OS desktop app, so I also can't go that route. With the Sense we can no longer transfer music files without a paid subscription to a streaming service and after I pay for a pandora subscription, I still can't log in. This is absurd. 

Help...

Best Answer

This is not a solution....

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes