Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Fitbit App with the Apple watch?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone have any luck figuring out how to use the Fitbit app with your apple watch? I'm really bummed I can join in on challenges anymore. Third party apps I've tried won't transfer.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Agreed 

I'm I don't want to share info just keep track of where I'm at. Fitbit app does it well. Just need to transfer that to the iwatch 

Best Answer

There is a Sync Solver app called "Health to Fitbit". Also available from the same company, "Fitbit to Health" and "Health to CSV".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea it does look silly wearing both. I get comments all the time. We need a solution to this problem soon. 

Best Answer

Those apps do not link to challenges unfortunately. I have bought all the apps they will sync to Fitbit but not to the challenge. 

Best Answer

I have an Apple Watch on my wrist and a Fitbit One in my pant's pocket

Best Answer

DITTO! Fitbit keeps releasing 'watch' after watch. I do not want to wear a Fitbit on my wrist. I already have an Apple Watch there and Fitbit can not compete with that. Fitness stuff done better by Fitbit  but AAALLLLL the other stuff my Apple Watch will never be better on Fitbit. Stop trying to compete & sell yourselves for what you are. The best wearable FITNESS tracker. Make a new clip on please & play nice with Apple. 

Best Answer

Hey there @WalkingXm@Felecia1991 and @dewdana! I appreciate your feedback about integrating both applications and how they should work together, so everybody could enjoy the best of each tracker. 

You can vote for this idea Integrate with iOS Health, those are viewed by our engineers and developers. As you can see the status changed to "under consideration". I don't have an specific time frame about when this is going to be implemented but as mentioned in the idea "Fitbit's mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives, so we’re always looking for ways that our users can use their data to support their fitness goals". 

Your understanding and patience is appreciated. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Umm, that post is from 2014.   I truly hope your Dev cycle is a little more agile than 3 year RFE backlog.....

So I take it from that there is no real serious intent on Fitbit to provide this functionality?

Best Answer

It's crazy to believe they are taking this long to complete this request.    Thankfully Nokia Health Mate App is starting to shape up well.   It's a shame Fitbit is the only platform still not reading data from the Apple Watch of the major tracking platforms that were in production before the Apple Watch was introduced. 

Best Answer

I use a sync solver myself (actually called 'SyncSolver') that does a pretty good job of dumping FitBit data into Apple Health. I played with it for a while, but came back to FB's dashboard.

I've got notifications mirrored, which is so-so. I wonder if it would be easier for FitBit to display its own data on the iWatch and skip Apple Health all together. Full integration would be great, but *some* integration would still be welcome.

I don't use the Apple's watch at all for tracking. The One remains my favorite specifically because it isn't wrist-mounted, which I have to assume yields more accurate step-counts. (It definitely does when I'm using a treadmill desk.)

Best Answer

Hi I also use a sync app called power sync, l do not have an Apple Watch, but when it transfers my Fitbit steps etc, it seems to add to what my phone as recorded, for example l synced 25000 ish steps yesterday and it gave me a total of 40000 steps on the health app, l'm not sure why this happens? Can you help ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellently put.....fitbit is so far superior to anything currently available on the apple watch that I believe many apple users would indeed pay to use the fitbit app.  One of fitbits strongest attributes is that it is geared to many different forms of exercise not just running - and offers the ability to tailor the exercise choices that appear in the app to those the users wants to see.  I think fitbit should exploit this strength and offer it to a wider audience for a fee before, as Walkby rightly says, these other companies improve their own fitness applications.

Best Answer

Yeah, I love FitBit but after having at least six (over three years), and having ONE Apple Watch for almost the same time period, I totally gave up on FitBit. I do miss the community since I do not have any friends who own the Apple Watch (as you know, we can only share progress with other owners). I just recently purchased Sleep Watch, which monitors my sleep habits,   and Pedometer++, which allows me to see my steps from the screen (complications). Oh well FitBit. 

Best Answer

I hear you.  I too have the apple watch and love it but miss the fitbit app

Best Answer

Is this”current” still current?  I really miss my fit bit app since I had an Iwatch ,how can I use the Fitbit app on my I watch with the same dashboard I used to enjoy ???? Thanks this is the end of 2017 now .....

Best Answer
There’s an application called Sync Solver: Health to Fitbit that allows you to do just.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit could resolve this really easily, but why would they, NOBODY would buy their inferior trackers or watches then and they need those sales to stay in business...  just look at the votes in the suggestion, top rated by the user base and they not even considering it!

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Fitbit community, my friends and I (30+ people) all have fitbit trackers because they offer a better fitness tracking experience, ecosystem and social aspect than Apple presently.  I have had and would prefer an Apple Watch on my wrist, the hardware is much better and it’s a really hard decision, but I’ll stick with Fitbit for now despite preferring the Apple Watch by a country mile because Apple don’t offer the level of service to the masses, yet... they will though and Fitbit will disappear into obscurity unless they figure it out.  I’d pay for a Fitbit service using the Apple hardware platform.

Best Answer

Fitbit sells several trackers. Apple sells their own tracker. Do you really think apple will approve a Fitbit app for the AW

Best Answer
0 Votes
👍
Best Answer
0 Votes