Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify & Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When is Fitbit going to partner with Spotify to bring better music to the watch. This is a no brainier for me and so many others. Spotify is the #1 music service in the business!  I love using fitbit but am considering moving to another watch that supports better music streaming. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi all! I am happy to announce that the Spotify App is now available for Versa 2. 

The Spotify app allows you to control the music playing on the Spotify app on your phone, computer, or another device, and to like songs and switch between playlists. The Spotify app on your Fitbit device doesn’t support offline music playback.

For more information on the Spotify App for Versa 2, check out our blog post

As I mentioned, the Spotify app is currently only available on Fitbit Versa 2. For those of you with an Ionic, Versa, or Versa Lite, our team is working to have this update available. So please, check back later for an update that allows you to install the Spotify app on other Fitbit devices.

As always, if you have additional questions please let me know below. Thanks all!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Can you introduce Spotify apps .I am very sure most are using Spotify apps .current user of Fitbit and future Fitbit customer will welcome and encourage to consider your products offer. 

Best Answer

I really thing you need to contact Spotify and ask them to create an app for the Fitbit. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partnership-Add-Spotify-to-Fitbit-Ionic-Apps/idi-p/27463...

Best Answer

Hi there @KyleS234, nice to see you have joined to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for bring your suggestion to my attention. It is true that many users prefer this app for music steaming and it would be an interesting integration for the Fitbit Ionic.

So if this is something in which you're interested, I would like to share with you the following feature suggestion. Feel free to contribute with your vote and comments, it would be nice to have your support for this ideas as I do not want to see you leave our Fitbit family.

While this is not and intermediate solution, rest assure we are working to improve the Fitbit experience.

Hope to see you soon again and thank you for your feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

When is Spotify going to be added in Fitbit Ionic?

Although I am sad that Fitbit has only limited this to Pandora, I would like to ask if there is any plan at all from Fitbit to add Spotify in the 3rd-party apps for music? I am located in Asia and I have a Spotify Premium account. We would really appreciate if Fitbit would add Spotify because it's such a hassle to transfer music manually before and during workouts.  

Thanks, and we hope to hear from Fitbit regarding this.

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer

Short answer: They're probably not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! I understand you. The lyrics feature is currently being improved and worked on. A specific date has not being mentioned, Spotify has a true passion for music and a genuine aim at providing the most tailored selection and user-friendly features; a solution will surely be provided. If you would like to vote for the lyrics feature, you could do so

Best Answer

1st thing I looked for before buying. No support, so I guess I will wait.

Best Answer

I bought the Samsung gear fit pro 2 instead as it has spotify. I have a charge 2 I no longer using it for work outs as no spotify.

Best Answer

I am also waiting to purchase an Ionic.  Once it is compatible with Spotify, I'll buy one.

Best Answer

Really I love the Ionic but spotify needs to be installed. Deezer is now available, I don't understand this move since spotify is the nr 1 on streaming music. FitBit make it happen. 

Best Answer

Same here, never heard of deezer before seeing it on my watch after updating to fitbit os 2. I don’t understand why they didnt go for spotify, I aint switching to deezer because it works on my watch, stupid move if ya ask me, hopefully enough money ends up in the right hands and spotify will be on fitbit soon.

Best Answer

Just added Deezer. Really easy. I’m sure Spotify will follow?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @SunsetRunner and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @JRawli@tombrennan@MichelB and @BooBerry7124. thank you for your feedback about the music app you want to see available for the Fitbit Ionic.

If this is something in which you're interested, I would like to share with you the following feature suggestion: Spotify for Ionic. Feel free to contribute with your vote and comments, it would be nice to have your support for this ideas.

Just a heads up, since this is not a topic from the Android board I have moved the entire thread to our Fitbit App Gallery forum.

See you all and stay tuned for more updates.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more that fitbit must integrate Spotify. This should be the standard. I hope fitbit is at least in talks with Spotify for a viable solution. I love my fitbit but may consider switching in the future if it is not added. 

Best Answer

I was ready to buy one yesterday as an upgrade to my charge 2, but I too will wait until they implement Spotify or go with another device that does. 

Best Answer

@Generaltso @SJKnight Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your interest in a Spotify App for Fitbit Ionic.

The best thing to do in this case is voting for the Feature Suggestion asking for a Spotify App for Fitbit Ionic:

This is the best way to show support for the release of the app. The more votes, the better. Feel free to leave a comment too.

Watch that space for any updates that may arrive regarding this.

Hope this help. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Why vote Fibit wants to sell more watches. And the basis is perfect only people want music during their exercise. I don't understand why both companies do not develope a fitbit app. How hard can it be? For spotify the same situation, I have bought a Ionic. Do I really have to switch to deezer? 

Best Answer

Please, spotify for versa

Best Answer

Got a 70  euro device that does more than my fitbit did. Would have stayed for Spotify support but... 

Best Answer
0 Votes