Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peloton - Is HR data correlated / should I take off my Ionic during rides

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello - I am a new Peloton user and long time Fitbit user. I currently wear an Ionic. During a Peloton ride, I understand that HR data from the Ionic is not synced to the Peloton, but will it be 'smart' enough to discount any accidental steps while also using my Ionic HR data to determine calorie burn associated with my ride? Or will there simply be a Peloton exercise which will be cumulative on top of whatever the Ionic tracked during the same period? 

If this integration is basic, it would seem the best choice is to take off my Ionic during a ride and wear an ANT+ HRM during a ride. 

Just wanted the collective wisdom of the community on this one. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @TriSeattle, good to see you have joined to the Fitbit Community! Your tracker might read some steps while you are doing your exercise, since it will depend of your motion pattern, so it might translate your movement in some steps that will reflect on your total count of your Dashboard.

With Peloton, as you mentioned; not all your information will be shared with your Fitbit account. Every workout that is posted in your Fitbit account will be logged as an exercise and will include the length of your workout, distance and calories burned, giving you a full scope of how hard was your exercise.

Following a basic concept with this, Peloton will log an activity on your Dashboard as it were a manually logged activity. With this all steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your tracker are overridden for the duration of the logged activity by the activity's entered values. This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the logged activity has the correct start time and duration.

So I do not see the need of remove your tracker while you are riding your bike. However keep in mind the steps will be a present constant while you are doing your exercise and might count a few steps due to your movement.

Hope this explanation helps and for more details review the following link: https://support.pelotoncycle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000182786-Peloton-X-Fitbit-FAQs

See you until the next opportunity!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @TriSeattle, good to see you have joined to the Fitbit Community! Your tracker might read some steps while you are doing your exercise, since it will depend of your motion pattern, so it might translate your movement in some steps that will reflect on your total count of your Dashboard.

With Peloton, as you mentioned; not all your information will be shared with your Fitbit account. Every workout that is posted in your Fitbit account will be logged as an exercise and will include the length of your workout, distance and calories burned, giving you a full scope of how hard was your exercise.

Following a basic concept with this, Peloton will log an activity on your Dashboard as it were a manually logged activity. With this all steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your tracker are overridden for the duration of the logged activity by the activity's entered values. This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the logged activity has the correct start time and duration.

So I do not see the need of remove your tracker while you are riding your bike. However keep in mind the steps will be a present constant while you are doing your exercise and might count a few steps due to your movement.

Hope this explanation helps and for more details review the following link: https://support.pelotoncycle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000182786-Peloton-X-Fitbit-FAQs

See you until the next opportunity!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe I've now setup my peloton to send my rides to fitbit automatically. is there a way i can validate that the ride data is hitting my fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes