Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava and Fitbit Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 2/1/2018: We have been made aware that the syncing issue with Strava has been resolved. If you are still experiencing issue, please let me know. Thanks everyone for your patience and reports!

Hi Strava users- I've merged a few posts together. We are aware that the integration between Strava and Fitbit is currently down and hope to have this resolved shortly. I will update this thread as soon as I hear more. Thanks very much for your patience!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone - We have been made aware that the syncing issue with Strava has been resolved. If you are still experiencing issue, please let me know. Thanks everyone for your patience and reports! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
117 REPLIES 117

Fitbit not sending my runs over to strava

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was your run tracked with GPS with a map displayed in the app? 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot connect to Strava. Using the url https://strava.fitbit.com and every single time getting the message:

statusCode 500
error "Internal Server Error"
message "An internal server error occurred"

Seems to have been an issue last year and all pages reported as "Fixed" - what am I doing wrong and how do I get my Strava account and my Fitbit connected?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer

I get the message ‘code error500 internal server error’ when trying to sync my Fitbit with Strava. Can you please let me know the solution? I understand from previous posts that others have experienced this problem.

Helen

Best Answer

We're seeing the following over here too - and its adding to the list of reasons why I might switch to Garmin, instead of upgrading to a Fitbit Ionic.

{"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"}
Best Answer

This problem comes up with some frequency.  The only solution unfortunately is to keep posting about it to grab the attention of FitBit so they can fix it.

It is exceptionally annoying because if they don't fix this before I leave work this afternoon (I ride for my commute) then this morning's ride won't sync.  And if it isn't fixed before tomorrow morning's ride, then this afternoon's ride won't sync either.  And so on.

Best Answer

BankerJoe

wrote:

This problem comes up with some frequency.  The only solution unfortunately is to keep posting about it to grab the attention of FitBit so they can fix it.

It is exceptionally annoying because if they don't fix this before I leave work this afternoon (I ride for my commute) then this morning's ride won't sync.  And if it isn't fixed before tomorrow morning's ride, then this afternoon's ride won't sync either.  And so on.

As irritating as I agree it is (and needs to be kept on top of with Fitbit), if you know it is going to be an issue as you set off for work/home, you can just load up Strava and hit the Start button.

Best Answer

I use Strava for rides, and have that imported into Fitbit.

Best Answer

Completed my 10k this morning but not picked up by Strava (all my previous runs up to and including last Saturday has uploaded ok) all ok on Fitbit dashboard. Tried resetting with Strava but got error message. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunantly it seems that the problem stille exists.

I went out for a run this morning and recorded it with my Fitbit Ionic. When i finished the run it didnot directly upload to my strava accound as is normaly do.

Now there are +- 4hours past and still nothing.

When i try do download the workoutfile manualy i get an errer saying that the file could not be downloaded.

so the problem isent solved for every user yet.

Kind regards.

Best Answer

Once again, the link between Strava and Fitbit is broken.

{"statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"}

Best Answer

I've also encountered this.

Race sync'd fine yesterday but my commutes haven't sync'd today.

Though on a different note, I had an additional 4km on my race distance to what we actually rode.

I use a Blaze connected to the iOS application.

Best Answer

Yup, seeing that here too.

Decision matrix:

Garmin +1 point

Ionic -1 point

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm pretty fed up with Fitbit as a whole (this issue is one of many).  Problem is there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to the Alta HR outside of the Fitbit ecosystem/universe.

Best Answer

Same issue....can’t sync my workout....

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting my Fitbit to Strava and now keep getting an error message when I try to reconnect. Have contacted Fitbit support and await a response. Frustrating that this is not more reliable or that there is not at least a message on the Fitbit website when there are technical issues like this. :statusCode":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","message":"An internal server error occurred"}

Best Answer

May I ask what the error message was? It might be a clue. 

Did you get a map of your run displayed in the Fitbit log? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ahh... see I don't care if Strava doesn't get to Fitbit... but I do care that I had to manually upload my lunchtime run to Strava (irritating extra step I am too lazy to want to do)

Best Answer
0 Votes