Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing with WeRun

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone sync their Fitbit Surge with the WeRun app (part of WeChat)? I by far outstep all of my friends who use this app but can't claim bragging rights. I have tried some apps designed to sync between other apps but these seem very hit & miss.

I figure there must be some way to achieve a successful & simple result.   

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

It's great to see you around @ScottA. WeRun is not a compatible app and that might be the reason why your Fitbit account is not syncing with it. To see which apps are compatible with Fitbit, I recommend checking this page. Also, I took the liberty and searched for a request for WeRun but didn't find any. You can visit our feature suggestions board and share your ideas.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

WeRun is a part of Wechat, which is widely used in China with 963 millions of user. Some of health tracker can feed their data directly to WeRun such as Mi Band, Huawei smartband and Garmin samrtband. It will be very helpful if Fitbit can do the same.

Best Answer
The moderator who read my post is missing the point. I'm not wanting to find any app that's compatible with Fitbit in order to "encourage" my friends & contacts already on WeChat to switch just so I can participate; that won't happen.
It would be better if Fitbit can see the potential to tap into the WeChat community.
Best Answer

Yes so unfair , I was running and walking in treadmill like 23,000 steps daily, but we run won't recognize it. Lol.

Best Answer

This kind of requests have been raised so many time. 

Fitbit really needs to open their minds to allow APIs to be build into social media platforms.  Not only wechat, also like iHealth etc.  Fitbit itself is not going to become a big social media platform like wechat, instagram etc. 

Best Answer

I have been a Fitbit user for many many years. The frustration of not being able to capture my "steps" data on the WeChat Run platform is frustrating. WeChat platform is so widely widely used in China by nearly all my friends or colleagues in China.

So for me not being able to participate with my friends and colleagues in our exercise challenge group is frustrating.

I am currently using a Fitbit Blaze and was thinking of moving up to the new Fitbit Ionic. However, situations like what I mentioned above it giving me second thoughts. I know my thinking is shared by many other people I know that are currently using a Fitbit device. It would be a shame for Fitbit to lose sales because they fail to recognize what Consumers in Asia are looking for and have given feedback on.

I really like Fitbit, but at the same time about ready to switch to another brand given their lack of focus for users like me in Asia.

Best Answer

I used an app called power sync to update my steps in  Health app in my iPhone but somehow, we chat no longer extract the info from iHealth now.  Why is that?  I looked at the data source, we chat has data from iHealth and iHealth shows the same step count in Fitbit.  How come we chat can now not pull the data from iHealth?

Best Answer

HaHa ~ You run for yourself. Step competition is not that important.

Best Answer

I believe this is something to do with the WeRun. It refuses to take any manually imported data from iHealth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

"You run for yourself. Step competition is not that important."
... said no fitbit user EVER! Smiley LOL

Best Answer

Hihi, may i know how huawei band 2 link to werun in wechat? Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, may i know how huawei band 2 link to werun in wechat?thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are used to be able to link to WeRun via Huawei's own app. But not sure about now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they find a solution to sync with WeRun? I finally got frustrated with not being able to reflect my true steps so I am hoping the answer is yes.

Best Answer
I wish to note this is not an accepted solution. I saw a checkbox with a tick which I tried to uncheck. By touching the tick this made it "accepted". Now I can't undo. That's a false way to get things accepted.
Best Answer

I am going to dig into FitBit studio and the Werun API, and see if I can develop a free web service using a cloud based function platform like Firebase from Google, but not sure if there will be any takers....

Best Answer

That would be really cool if you could make it happen? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services but at the moment there are no plans to add integration with WeRun or WeChat as stated in the following suggestions:

- support wechat

- Ionic great but need to work with Apple Health to be relevant in the Asian market

I am going to close this thread since it is too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes