Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa not supported in my location anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Guess what gift Fitbit gave me for Christmas? yeah, that's right Alexa no longer works on my versa 2. I woke up this morning only to  my surprise Alexa was missing among my apps. I use the left button shortcut only to be told Alexa is no longer supported in my area. This is just pure foolery, why isn't it working, it was basically the best up on the watch and you take it away from me like that. I have been using it for 11 months now and it worked all the time is this the kind of gift your going to give me for Christmas. I don't see Siri going away from apple watches like that so why does it have to be like that with Fitbit. Maybe Fitbit could be racist and they are taking it away cause am in Africa. Fitbit should not do stuff like that especially when these are some of the apps that made some of us buy their watches

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Versa-two-user A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. Amazon Alexa and Google Assistance are only available in certain languages and countries at this time. Please check the following page to see a list of countries where Amazon Alexa is supported. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Versa-two-user A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. Amazon Alexa and Google Assistance are only available in certain languages and countries at this time. Please check the following page to see a list of countries where Amazon Alexa is supported. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't see any African country that Alexa or google assistant deals with.
At this point in time I think moving to apple is the best option cause
fitbit clearly has something against Africa. I had a good run but something
this drastic can't be done. This is not the first time this is happening. I
wanted to get a versa 3 but personal music storage is not supported. The
only reason I bought this watch was Alexa because I was hoping it would
make life easier and it did but now it's gone, I can't set reminders
anymore, the watch has basically become a fitbit versa, not a versa 2.
Best Answer

@Versa-two-user Thank you for getting back.

Sorry you feel this way, rest assure that we're always working to improve our services offered. Keep an eye on this page to learn more about the countries that support Alexa or Google Assistant. Be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed. 

Have a good weekend. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes