Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to connect my fitbit with myfitnesspal, I get: "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once"

I am aware that in the past, even if you deleted your myfitnesspal account, fitbit kept *some* log of it and that stopped the 3rd party connecting to fitbit. But that was 2017.

Has this still not been fixed? I created a brand new myfitnesspal and revoked all access in fitbit - yet still get the same error.

Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok so I managed to get it fixed!

Go into your fitbit settings and make sure that myfitnesspal is revoked / not listed in the connected apps 

Then go to myfitnesspal's website or the app and check your myfitnesspal isn't linked to Fitbit (if it's not linked, it'll give you the option to "connect" to fitbit)

If you find yourself in that position and you've had the error message "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account error"

then to fix it, go to myfitnesspal's support and let them know your myfitnesspal account username and your Fitbit account username. Myfitnesspal will sort it.

In short: this is a MFP problem, not a Fitbit problem 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I'm having this exact same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing I can think of is deleting my Fitbit account but that would be a last resort.

Did you migrate your account recently from an email address to Google sign in? I wonder if that caused it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so I managed to get it fixed!

Go into your fitbit settings and make sure that myfitnesspal is revoked / not listed in the connected apps 

Then go to myfitnesspal's website or the app and check your myfitnesspal isn't linked to Fitbit (if it's not linked, it'll give you the option to "connect" to fitbit)

If you find yourself in that position and you've had the error message "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account error"

then to fix it, go to myfitnesspal's support and let them know your myfitnesspal account username and your Fitbit account username. Myfitnesspal will sort it.

In short: this is a MFP problem, not a Fitbit problem 

Best Answer