Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have a Hydrate Spark water bottle?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got one and it says it can sync with Fitbit. I checked the box that says to sync it, but it doesn't. Anybody know how to fix it?

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

Hi there, @runandirun! It is so nice to have you here. Wow! Really? That bottle looks so cool. HeartHeart I love it! Is it the Thermos Smart Lid?

THERMOS.png

If it is, please follow instructions on this article to set it up and be able to sync it or provide me more instructions on what happens when you attempt to sync, this way I can further investigate and help.

Keep me posted please! :}

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi runandirun,

I was looking at purchasing one lastnight, I'm running the app though.

I just checked the app and it was not updating fitbit.

I've tried the following scenarios:

Fitbit > Hidrate Spark update:. The update did not work until both apps were open. It was a live update.

Hidrate Spark > Fitbit update (Both apps open): The update does not occur until the fitbit app is either started or restarted. The update appears not to be live.

Hidrate Spark update (then close app) > Fitbit: The update to fitbit did occur once the fitbit app was either started or restarted. It is not live.

So to sum up, it appears the update to fitbit only occurrs when the app starts up or is restarted.

Hopefully that will fix your issue. Can you let me know how you go with it and how reliable it is as I was about to order one.

I'm tossing  up between the Hidrate Spark 2.0 and the thermos smart lid, as I've heard mixed reviews of the smart lid about it's build quality in the top clasp as well as its ability to track sips..

I'm just trying to get fit. One step at a time
Beedub
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, It's different. Mine is called Hydrate Spark!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found something that said to manually log 4 ounces to the Fitbit app. Sounds weird, but after I did it, it worked and started syncing with the Hydrate Spark bottle and was fine, then I just deleted that entry I made in the FitBit app.

Best Answer

Is this the bottle you have?

http://hidratespark.com/

Beedub
Best Answer
0 Votes

@beedub wrote:

Is this the bottle you have?

http://hidratespark.com/

YES!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fantastic, thanks. I will go and buy one and check it out. I'm already using their app and it works well.

Sorry, if I offended you with my long post and time spent trying to help you out, hopefully it will be of benefit to someone else in the community.

Beedub
Best Answer

@runandirunOhhhh, so you have the Hydrate Spark! Sorry for the confusion. I'm so glad to hear that you are back on track now! Please share your experience with this awesome product. 

Thank you for all your help, @beedub, you are awesome, I'm sure other people will find you posts very helpful!! Heart

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No worries @SolangeFitbit. I've been using the Hidrate Spark app everyday and it works really well linking into Fitbit. Although if you didn't have a water bottle you would most likely enter the water into the Fitbit app directly. The little reminders it sends you are very funny too, such as "You don't want to be left high and dry (water splash emoticon)". (Well it makes me have a little chuckle).

I've ordered a Hidrate Spark water bottle and I will let you and the community know what I think of it as well. I dont expect to get it until March though.

Beedub
Best Answer

Hello, hello, @beedub! Thanks for the updates! Oh so you can just use the App even if you don't have the bottle? Wow! That's cool haha and funny, I will give it a try too! Cat Embarassed 

We'll be waiting for your reviews when you receive your Hydrate Spark water bottle! Heart

Also, I would like to invite you to our Discussion boards, there are a lot of cool topics for you to explore! :}

Best Answer

I do and I love it! Honestly, the bottle tracks my water intake so well and has made me drink so much more water. I've been really good about getting in all my steps and meeting my fitness goals this year, but I was struggling to drink enough water. My friend ended up getting me a bottle for my birthday and I am hooked! 

• The tracking is really accurate
  • The bottle GLOWS to remind you - and everyone asks me about the bottle when they see the glow 😛
  • The phone notifications are funny as hell 
  • The bottle looks super sleek!

output (1).GIF

^That was meant to be a .gif I made but I guess it won't work.

Best Answer

Hello, hello, @SDavis2013Robot tongue Welcome to the family and thank you so much for your review! 

Seems like a very cool bottle, and specially useful. I'm glad to hear that you are drinking more water now. That's vital to have a good healthy life and keep up with the exercise. 

How does it look when it glows? and what about the notifications? 

Thanks again for sharing your feedback, I hope to see you around more. Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Beedub, for the helpful tip.  I was having issues with my Hidrate Spark bottle not syncing up to my Fitbit dashboard.

i read your post, opened both apps, and checked my Fitbit dashboard and it finally synced up.  I thought it happened automatically but now I know I have to open both apps...not a big deal.  I like my bottle...the glowing lights are cool. 🙂

Cheers!

Moderator's edit: format

Best Answer

I have a Hidrate Spark too!  Feel free to add me @ jess.standerford@gmail.com.  I'd love more friends.

Best Answer

I did send you an email jess.. but I'm not sure I did this the right way haha..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there my friends, @Krashbars@standj01, @SunsetRunner! Robot Very Happy I'm glad to see that you are enjoying these great product and sharing with some new friends at the same time! 

Keep sharing your experiences, I love to read them. Heart 

Best Answer

I can not get the hidrate bottle to sync with the Fitbit app?! Help please I've done the 4oz thing but it doesn't work still 

Best Answer

I have the Hydrate Spark and find it synchs when both the Hydrate and Fitbit app are both open.  The bottle is great and as others have mentioned, the app sends these funny reminders through the day.  You can customize your glow notifications and have just white or multi.  The only down side I've experienced is it can get musty if you don't empty and allow it to dry out.  Even if i store it in the fridge with water in it it will get funky.  

Best Answer

Does anyone know if you can set up the notifications on the hydrate bottle to buzz on your Fitbit to remind you to drink more? 

I feel like this water bottle is a great idea but I can't carry my phone with me at work and my water bottle is always sitting on the counter but not always in eye sight. 

Best Answer