Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App that syncs Fitbit and Samsung S Health

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit and Healthy

I have created an app that imports and exports Fitbit step counts, body weight, body fat%, height (and BMI), calories burnt, distance, stairs climbed, heart rate, and sleep start/end times into Samsung S Health.  The app is called "Fit and Healthy" and is available from the Google Play store for Android.  The app accepts a date range to sync.

Importing and exporting of body fat%, height/BMI, calories burnt, distance, heart rate and sleep start/end times require the purchase of an upgrade pack to the base app.  Steps can be imported and exported for free as can body weight import.

The app adds a "tile" to the S Health screen where the latest Fitbit step count can be seen.  Clicking the tile leads to a history graph split into daily, monthly and total history views.  By using the "Source data" menu, the app graphs the Fitbit tracker, your other devices or a combination. Both step counts and weight trends can be viewed in the history graph.

The app can be set to automatically sync every 15 minutes, hourly, 6 hourly, half-day, daily or weekly. The background synchronisation schedule can be set so that the app downloads at a certain time of day (for example, during the waking hours, while exercising or in the off-peak hours).

On first use, the app will ask for permission to read and write from S Health and Fitbit.  Your Fitbit password will be entered into the fitbit.com site on your phone's browser - the app cannot see your Fitbit user id or password.

Next up, I plan to add the importing exercises and food intake.  Other devices are a little further down the track.

This app has been approved by Samsung as a partner app for S Health.  It can be found in S Health, under Partner apps in the fitness category.

I wrote the app as I noticed that there wasn't a way to have the data from my Fitbit Aria weight scale show up in S Health on my Samsung Galaxy phone.  On search, it looked like people have been asking for a feature like this for 2 years (since 2014).

I am looking for feedback on what to improve, features to add and especially bug reports.  The app contains a menu where I can be emailed privately and a discussion group set up to publically talk/complain about the app.

The app can be downloaded and installed from this link in the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

If you have the google play store installed on your phone, the Fit and Healthy app can be opened from this link:

market://details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

I am available and will respond to any queries in this thread or the discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fitandhealthy

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

I looked at "FiT and Healthy" but it doesn't appear to export/import historical heart rate and sleep data. Am I missing something? 

I have three years of heart rate data in Samsung Health (and Google Fit) and would love to import it to FitBit. Is this possible with "FiT and Healthy?"

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why is a third party being pushed which does not deliver complete data sets
to Samsung S Health where there in us a trusted data path defined Fitbit
and S Heslth. Kind of strange where the data owners are not taking
ownership of their data and interchange methods charging their user base.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Before you criticize, spend some time reading through the forum, and get an
understanding of the concept of open source licensing. Most negative posts
are due to the poster wanting an `instant` answer or solution, and not
investing time to solve their issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for chiming in, although I am unclear what exactly you are trying to say.

It's not a matter of wanting an "instant solution," nor anything to do with "the concept of open source licensing."

It's a matter of a walled garden, which does not allow users to import or export THEIR OWN health data when they change a device. While most platforms don't make it easy, I have been able to find satisfactory solutions to transfer my data among most of them.

But with FitBit, it's impossible, at least based on my research, to either import or export historical heart rate or sleep data.

I have invested time to research and have not found a way to solve the issue. If you have a solution, I and many others would be grateful to hear what it is.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do know why step count on my Fitbit Alta Hr is so much higher per day than Samsung Health??? Will your app help this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I made the switch from the Ionic to the Galaxy watch and noticed the same
thing. The Samsung step count is 35 - 40% lower than the Fitbit. Also, the
Fitbit food intake vs. calories burned worked very accurately for me. The
Samsung Health calorie algorithm is off by 500 or more, saying that I'm
eating too much when I'm not.

It's cool to be able to text and make calls on my watch, but the Fitbit
product was much better for nutrition and exercise applications.
Best Answer
0 Votes

To bring this back on topic:

Is there any way to export historical heart rate data from FitBit to any other mainstream app, like Google Fit or Samsung Health?

And to import (less important, if I want to leave the FitBit ecosystem)?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The question is , hay data Saring is wonderfull like with previous
notices. This data sharing method interconnect directly between Fitbit
and ( Google fit ,or Samsung health).

Or did you ena bbn l ed third party apps which will charge those of use who
attempt to use your data.

Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences on the matter.

Please do know that we take all feedback seriously and that we are always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience.

If you have not, please be sure to vote for this suggestion about integrating with Samsung Health. While it is listed as Not Currently Planned, you can still vote for it and we are always keeping an eye on it. You can also read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Hope to see you all around.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!!
I just bought my Fitbit Charge 3 today and temped to take it back!
What is the point if you can't count steps and give that information to Samsung Health?
I am frustrated and furious!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm looking for an app that syncs data the other direction. From Samsung S Health to Fitbit. Do you know of anything that does that? 

Best Answer
HI - THANK YOU so much for this app!!! I am trying it right now and will be giving feedback!!! 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes

@slash24

Try Health Sync (https://appyhapps.nl/) only on android phones

Available through Google Play

BarbaraL93 | Northern California Inspire 3, Inspire, Alta, One, Zip
Best Answer

I would like to be able to use the fitbit app with a Samsung watch. So I guess the info your app transfers would need to go the other way. Is this possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an extra app called "Fit and Healthy". But one must be careful because if it's not set up correctly it counts double the steps. I would prefer my fitbit being recognised by S Health but that's not the case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, do you have any suggestions or tips to set up Fit and Healthy correctly then?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! sold my samsung watch because they will not let you send messages with google messages, considering getting another fitbit. This makes things much easier, great app!

Best Answer
0 Votes