Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App that syncs Fitbit and Samsung S Health

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit and Healthy

I have created an app that imports and exports Fitbit step counts, body weight, body fat%, height (and BMI), calories burnt, distance, stairs climbed, heart rate, and sleep start/end times into Samsung S Health.  The app is called "Fit and Healthy" and is available from the Google Play store for Android.  The app accepts a date range to sync.

Importing and exporting of body fat%, height/BMI, calories burnt, distance, heart rate and sleep start/end times require the purchase of an upgrade pack to the base app.  Steps can be imported and exported for free as can body weight import.

The app adds a "tile" to the S Health screen where the latest Fitbit step count can be seen.  Clicking the tile leads to a history graph split into daily, monthly and total history views.  By using the "Source data" menu, the app graphs the Fitbit tracker, your other devices or a combination. Both step counts and weight trends can be viewed in the history graph.

The app can be set to automatically sync every 15 minutes, hourly, 6 hourly, half-day, daily or weekly. The background synchronisation schedule can be set so that the app downloads at a certain time of day (for example, during the waking hours, while exercising or in the off-peak hours).

On first use, the app will ask for permission to read and write from S Health and Fitbit.  Your Fitbit password will be entered into the fitbit.com site on your phone's browser - the app cannot see your Fitbit user id or password.

Next up, I plan to add the importing exercises and food intake.  Other devices are a little further down the track.

This app has been approved by Samsung as a partner app for S Health.  It can be found in S Health, under Partner apps in the fitness category.

I wrote the app as I noticed that there wasn't a way to have the data from my Fitbit Aria weight scale show up in S Health on my Samsung Galaxy phone.  On search, it looked like people have been asking for a feature like this for 2 years (since 2014).

I am looking for feedback on what to improve, features to add and especially bug reports.  The app contains a menu where I can be emailed privately and a discussion group set up to publically talk/complain about the app.

The app can be downloaded and installed from this link in the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

If you have the google play store installed on your phone, the Fit and Healthy app can be opened from this link:

market://details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

I am available and will respond to any queries in this thread or the discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fitandhealthy

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216
Nice job, and great app.

I noticed that S-Cover displays the step count from my Samsung phone, and not the imported fitbit data - which us visible correctly in S Health app in its own tile.

Is there ane way to override the Samsung data, or have the S Cover widget display the imported one ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
How far along are you from being able to transport data from s healt to the Fitbit app I am super excited and have been waiting for many people to do this but no one has
Best Answer

@boblos wrote:
How far along are you from being able to transport data from s healt to the Fitbit app I am super excited and have been waiting for many people to do this but no one has

I'm on the flip side of the coin. I like the way fitbit's dashboard looks over S Helth and would like for Fitbit to be able to read S Health data. Everyone in my family has Fibit and I've purchased 4 of them as gifts for family but I can't give up my Samsung Gear 2 Neo, I love it too much. Anyway, it would be  nice to get this feature working

Thanks

Best Answer

samsung galaxy s5 is ny phpne and i owe a Gear s2 clasic. husband uses fitbit altea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

samsung galaxy s5 is my phpne and i owe a Gear s2 clasic. husband uses fitbit altea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How far along are you in developing the feature that sends S Health Data to Fitbit? I have a Fitbit Charge HR, a Fitbit Surge and would absolutely love this fuctionality. I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and received a Gear Fit 2 for free. Don't want to give up on my Fitbits. Any update would be greatly appreciated!! 

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Woman Wink I agree with you that it would be cool to have an integration with S Health, in order to make your voice heard please visit our Feature Request board, vote and comment on the existing idea.

Keep voting, see you around!

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking forward to this. Would be excellent to take SHealth data to the Fitbit dashboard as I have been a Fitbit user since the first Fitbit came out years ago and I have years of data in there. My Fitbit HR is no longer charging so this Free Samsung Gear Fit2 I just got with my Note7 is my fitness tracker, at least for now.

Best Answer

Hoping this helps. I'm tired of Fitbit saying I moved say... 3.12 miles since midnight, yet S Health records a 3.55 mile walk in an hour. Which one is accurate? Am I under estimating over overestimating? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here @kstruck! Please make sure of adding your comments and vote on the existing idea about this mentioned above. If your Charge HR is not charging anymore, please follow our recommended troubleshoot (this steps apply for all Fitbit trackers) and let me know how it goes! 

@Scootietoots We do not have information about how S Health records data at this time. Fitbit trackers calculate distance by multiplying your walking steps by your walking stride length and multiplying your running steps by your running stride length. We estimate your stride lengths using your height and gender. If you prefer to measure your walking and running stride lengths yourself and enter them manually, see the post from @SteveH.

Let me know if you have any other question! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Screenshot_20160830-115559[1].pngScreenshot_20160830-121419[1].png

S Health measures my workout with GPS and a detailed map of my route (8415 steps in an hour & 1 minute walk) while I wear it on the same arm as my Fitbit Alta (7747 steps since midnght).

Kinda of discouraging to see that Fitbit has been over 1/2 mile lax in just an hour walk. 

I'm movin' N groovin' more than I have n years and it feels great, don't get me wrong! But I was hoping for a little more out of a $130 tracker as opposed to a free app that came with my phone.  I do thank you for your prompt help & advice!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20160830-115559[1].pngScreenshot_20160830-121419[1].png

S Health measures my workout with GPS and a detailed map of my route (8415 steps in an hour & 1 minute walk) while I wear it on the same arm as my Fitbit Alta (7747 steps since midnght).

Kinda of discouraging to see that Fitbit has been over 1/2 mile lax in just an hour walk. 

I'm movin' N groovin' more than I have n years and it feels great, don't get me wrong! But I was hoping for a little more accuracy out of a $130 tracker as opposed to a free app that came with my phone.  I do thank you for your prompt help & advice!  

Best Answer

This app is a beautiful thing 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, great!  I will check this out.  Among Fitbit (Aria and Alta), Samsung S (phone and tablet), my computer at work and My Fitness Pal, it would be nice if I could just enter information once and it would cross applications.

WJewel88

Best Answer
I just bough a Fitbit Charge 2 and I'm loving it so far but I want to be able to see all my stats in s health that i can in fitbit. I hope that will all come soon?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@el_el_ wrote:
I noticed that S-Cover displays the step count from my Samsung phone, and not the imported fitbit data - which us visible correctly in S Health app in its own tile.

Is there ane way to override the Samsung data, or have the S Cover widget display the imported one ?

In S Health, you can select the device that the S Cover shows by using the "Source data to view" option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally updated the app so that it can export data from S Health to Fitbit.  It took way longer than I thought it would and was quite hard work.  Under the hood, a lot of things have been changed.  Good thing is that things should be easier from here on out.

Exported steps will not count towards Fitbit challenges.

A bunch of bugs that were reported have also been fixed.  This was spread amongst unexpected crashes, occasional data not importing and auto sync stopped being auto.

Grab the update here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

Best Answer

Great update; thanks for keeping up with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How can I get fitbit up steps to show on my Samsung gear fit 2? It is showing the S health app steps instead of fit bit steps.

I would like to be part of your beta. I have a galley note 7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Slongoria210 wrote:
How can I get fitbit up steps to show on my Samsung gear fit 2? It is showing the S health app steps instead of fit bit steps.

I would like to be part of your beta. I have a galley note 7.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to get the Fitbit steps to show up on the Samsung Gear Fit 2.  However, in S Health, you can select the device by going into its step tracker and selecting "Source data to view" from the menu in top right hand corner, then select "Fit and Healthy".

To join the beta, follow the instructions here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/App-that-syncs-Fitbit-and-Samsung-S-Health/...

Best Answer