Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App that syncs Fitbit and Samsung S Health

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit and Healthy

I have created an app that imports and exports Fitbit step counts, body weight, body fat%, height (and BMI), calories burnt, distance, stairs climbed, heart rate, and sleep start/end times into Samsung S Health.  The app is called "Fit and Healthy" and is available from the Google Play store for Android.  The app accepts a date range to sync.

Importing and exporting of body fat%, height/BMI, calories burnt, distance, heart rate and sleep start/end times require the purchase of an upgrade pack to the base app.  Steps can be imported and exported for free as can body weight import.

The app adds a "tile" to the S Health screen where the latest Fitbit step count can be seen.  Clicking the tile leads to a history graph split into daily, monthly and total history views.  By using the "Source data" menu, the app graphs the Fitbit tracker, your other devices or a combination. Both step counts and weight trends can be viewed in the history graph.

The app can be set to automatically sync every 15 minutes, hourly, 6 hourly, half-day, daily or weekly. The background synchronisation schedule can be set so that the app downloads at a certain time of day (for example, during the waking hours, while exercising or in the off-peak hours).

On first use, the app will ask for permission to read and write from S Health and Fitbit.  Your Fitbit password will be entered into the fitbit.com site on your phone's browser - the app cannot see your Fitbit user id or password.

Next up, I plan to add the importing exercises and food intake.  Other devices are a little further down the track.

This app has been approved by Samsung as a partner app for S Health.  It can be found in S Health, under Partner apps in the fitness category.

I wrote the app as I noticed that there wasn't a way to have the data from my Fitbit Aria weight scale show up in S Health on my Samsung Galaxy phone.  On search, it looked like people have been asking for a feature like this for 2 years (since 2014).

I am looking for feedback on what to improve, features to add and especially bug reports.  The app contains a menu where I can be emailed privately and a discussion group set up to publically talk/complain about the app.

The app can be downloaded and installed from this link in the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

If you have the google play store installed on your phone, the Fit and Healthy app can be opened from this link:

market://details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

I am available and will respond to any queries in this thread or the discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fitandhealthy

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

Hi Jason,

Thanks for building this app!

I'm only using it to sync my Fitbit Aria scale and S Health. The small issue that I have is that the fractional part of the weight data is sometimes off. For example, Scale reads 119.0 and it get exported to S Health as 119.1 or Scale reads 113.and 113.gets exported. I'm sorry to be so "nit-picky!"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for building this app! This looks great... I've actually been using Fitbit for 2 years now, and thinking of getting a samsung S3 gear... As my daily step count is pretty important to me and I'm very use to the Fitbit app, I wanted to make sure i would be able to import my steps from the S3 to the fitbit app. This seems like it will be able to do the job!

Best Answer
0 Votes

With this app, can I transfer steps "to" my Fitbit app?  90% of my friends have Fitbit, and I don't want to wear the GF2 and the Fitbit at the same time although I would still like to challenge my Fitbit friends. 

Best Answer

I am uding the weight watchers app and thought this would help with my activity tracking.. Honestly, I couldnt get past the first part with the dates.. it just didnt make sense to me? I couldnt go past today.. Maybe I was missing something

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to do the process on a S8 running Nougat 7. No matter what I tried I get a the following error when trying to sync the data from Fitbit into S Health:

net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

It states that the page cannot be loaded exactly after I enter in the Fitbit page, type my user and password and bang...it dies. Am I doing something wrong? Can you pls help? 

Thanks in advance and regards from Argentina. Dan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone found a way to send S Health steps to Fitbit App? even indirectly through other apps would be just enough for me. But I need an automatic syncing not manual.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I couldn't make it work. I gave up and no response from the developer
either!
Brgds,
D
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just downloaded this app , brill works a treat, many thanks been trying to sync my blaze for last two months and now I have 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we have an application for iphone to sync data between fitbit & S-health

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this mean mine friends that have fit bit and s health can challenge me with my fit 2 gear and s health? Because that would be great!

Best Answer
Sorry not tried that yet I do all my challenges in fit bit 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I only have fit 2 gear and some of my have fitbits. We will
have to try
Best Answer
0 Votes
I normally google it or try Utube alays somebody that has done it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this app work for you? I am trying to do the same thing.  I have been using fitbit for a few years and I just purchased the Gear S3. So I want to sync my steps with my fitbit as most of my friends are on fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes app works fine for me I have the fitbit blaze 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The app works fine.. But unfortunately I returned my gear s3 after using it
for a few weeks.. Main reason is that the heartrate monitor on it is really
really bad... Wildly inaccurate.. Also the watch itself is a bit heavy to
wear during long cardio workouts.. Ended up going back to my Fitbit as my
workout watch...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded this a few minutes ago and when trying to get it to run it tells me the "icon image size is too big".  How do I fix this?  I was so excited to find this fix to the issue.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Doesn't work... It is all smoke. Don't waste your time.
Rgds.
D
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I installed the app yesterday and I wanted to challenge a Samsung Health Friend.

The challenge doesn't seem to be fair, because he counts the steps on my fitbit and the steps on my phone. The strange thing is that at the 'me' part he only shows the steps from the fitbit (i have chosen the steps from Fit and Healthy). I think it is not possible to choose which data you want to use for the challenge. Is this correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this app. It works brilliantly. Just one question: after exporting my data from S Health to Fitbit, my active minutes don't appear in Fitbit. Should they? 

Best Answer
0 Votes