Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App that syncs Fitbit and Samsung S Health

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit and Healthy

I have created an app that imports and exports Fitbit step counts, body weight, body fat%, height (and BMI), calories burnt, distance, stairs climbed, heart rate, and sleep start/end times into Samsung S Health.  The app is called "Fit and Healthy" and is available from the Google Play store for Android.  The app accepts a date range to sync.

Importing and exporting of body fat%, height/BMI, calories burnt, distance, heart rate and sleep start/end times require the purchase of an upgrade pack to the base app.  Steps can be imported and exported for free as can body weight import.

The app adds a "tile" to the S Health screen where the latest Fitbit step count can be seen.  Clicking the tile leads to a history graph split into daily, monthly and total history views.  By using the "Source data" menu, the app graphs the Fitbit tracker, your other devices or a combination. Both step counts and weight trends can be viewed in the history graph.

The app can be set to automatically sync every 15 minutes, hourly, 6 hourly, half-day, daily or weekly. The background synchronisation schedule can be set so that the app downloads at a certain time of day (for example, during the waking hours, while exercising or in the off-peak hours).

On first use, the app will ask for permission to read and write from S Health and Fitbit.  Your Fitbit password will be entered into the fitbit.com site on your phone's browser - the app cannot see your Fitbit user id or password.

Next up, I plan to add the importing exercises and food intake.  Other devices are a little further down the track.

This app has been approved by Samsung as a partner app for S Health.  It can be found in S Health, under Partner apps in the fitness category.

I wrote the app as I noticed that there wasn't a way to have the data from my Fitbit Aria weight scale show up in S Health on my Samsung Galaxy phone.  On search, it looked like people have been asking for a feature like this for 2 years (since 2014).

I am looking for feedback on what to improve, features to add and especially bug reports.  The app contains a menu where I can be emailed privately and a discussion group set up to publically talk/complain about the app.

The app can be downloaded and installed from this link in the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

If you have the google play store installed on your phone, the Fit and Healthy app can be opened from this link:

market://details?id=com.jsonlo.fitandhealthy

I am available and will respond to any queries in this thread or the discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/fitandhealthy

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

Hi Jsonlo,

Thank You so much for creating this wonderful app. I purchased a Gear S3 and a Fitbit Versa 2 weeks ago, and I was tired of always switching between the 2 different apps depending on the watch I was wearing that day. Now at least I figured out a way to combine the two so I can just open one and it will have everything I need! It took me a couple days how to figure out how to export S health steps to Fitbit, but thats because I had it set to keep fitbit data, instead of overwriting it, LOL. I wouldn't of figured that out either until I read a couple posts of this thread. Its a great app, keep the updates coming with more features.

Thanks again! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello. I'm confused. If the steps won't go to the board, what exactly is "syncing" and where's the info going? I've downloaded the app but my S Health info isn't going to the Fitbit app. Is that possible with this app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to adjust the step goal? My fitbit goal is 13k, my samsung health goal when i use my gear s2 or phone is 10k, but when i link the fit and healthy app is shows xxxx/6000 steps. Is there a way to change the 6k?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for sharing your feedback and interest in the matter.

@jsonlo, it seems like you have helped a lot of users so please keep it up.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi,

Fit & Healthy has been working GREAT ...

Best Answer

Which app is it?

Best Answer

I posted in the app support but wanted to mention it here:

It doesn't track right into fitbit.  If you track every 6 hours, it says you walked for 6 hours. Fine for just fitbit use maybe, but when syncing to weight watchers, it takes it literally  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Obsydian@ivanboediman and @Kap__.

@ivanboediman Glad to read that it helped you out! 

@Kap__ What are you referring to exactly? 

@Obsydian Are you referring to the Fit & Healthy app? Or the interaction between Fitbit and Weight Watchers?

Look forward to your replies! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

thanks so much for making this app!! is there any plans in the future for adding food and possible water syncing? this would make it perfect best money I have spent by far!

Best Answer

Perfect! Finally i found way to get my steps from fitbit to S health...the only issue now i have is duplucation of steps, how can i get to switch of the steps from phone in count and have only my fitbit steps on daily count in S Health1+? When i choose to show steps it gives option "All" or "health sync" (and last one showes 0) ....I think i missed smth here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tam1107 - On the main page, tap steps.  In the upper right should be 3 dots, tap on that.  Then tap "view your step count data".  You should see "All steps, Mobile phone & Fit and Healthy". Tap Mobile phone, go to the 3 dots in the upper right, tap "Pause counting steps". Repeat the steps to "view your step count data and choose either "all steps or Fit and Healthy".  Hope that helps

BarbaraL93 | Northern California Inspire 3, Inspire, Alta, One, Zip
Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks alot, it worked

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tam1107 - Your welcome, glad it worked out for you

BarbaraL93 | Northern California Inspire 3, Inspire, Alta, One, Zip
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @balbew and @Tam1107.

@balbew Thanks for being around to help the users with this! Greatly appreciated! 

If any of you have the time, be sure to visit our Discussion boards. Maybe you will find something interesting in there.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions you might have.

Best Answer

@Obsydian Are you referring to the Fit & Healthy app? Or the interaction between Fitbit and Weight Watchers?

I think they are having the same issue that I am. I just imported everything to fitbit, but it says that I have 1440 minutes of activity which throws off the calculations in weight watchers app. Since I have a Samsung watch, this seems to be the only work around but might not work well if it continues to count incorrectly.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Nellzy_.

Thanks for sharing your experience and insight on the matter. 

As I mentioned above, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards if you have the time. I'm sure that you will be able to find something that piques your interest in there.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best Answer

My time zone is pacific.  When I sync my Fitbit to Samsung Health via Fit & Healthy, it puts my sleep schedule as one house behind.  I can't find any adjustment for this anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Slinky_James.

My question in this case would be if the hour on the Fitbit itself is correct or if it is also off?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The time on the Fitbit app is correct.

The time sync`ed to Samsung Health is one hour later.

Thanks,

James

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hello @Slinky_James.

Thanks for that clarification.

This sounds like it has more to do with the third party app that you are using to connect Fitbit and Samsung. In this case I'd like to recommend that you try getting in touch with them directly.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes