Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike rides with Zwift / Strava don't appear on Fitbit Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

As a cyclist, I use a bike GPS unit and Zwift on my smart trainer. Both are feeding all my rides to Strava.

I enabled the Fitbit <-> Strava synchronisation and if I record a ride using the Exercise > Bike tool on the Inspire HR, it appears in Strava. But rides uploaded to Strava don't appear in the "Recent Exercise" section of the dashboard.

The GPS unit and smart trainer are more accurate, so would it be possible to use the information from Strava instead of recording it on the Inspire?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hi @GrosLapinou welcome to the Community Forums. It's great to have you here.

Thanks for sharing your inquiry about Strava activities. You can check how this app connects with Fitbit here: Third Party Apps - Informational Post -StravaActivities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava. You will find there some helpful information and instructions on how to troubleshoot syncing issues.

By the way, I'm moving your post to the Third-Party Integrations board for categorization purposes.

I'll be around in case that you need anything else. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I have the same problem. I would like all my Strava activities to sync and show in fitbit. Including rides in a trainer in zwift. 

I followed the link above and it just says they dont ! Which is a bit rubbish. How do we get this resolved so the activities on indoor trainers do sync with FitBit? 

Best Answer

Thanks!

I tried removing / re-adding synchronisation with Strava and rides recorded on the road are now appearing on my Fitbit Dashboard as a manually logged activity.

It's still not great as it creates duplicate entries if I wear the Fitbit whilst riding. So the dashboard sees 2 activities of "riding my bike" at the same time and can't aggregate the data. If I don't wear the Fitbit, it just gets basic information (Start time, distance, and duration).

But virtual rides recorded on Zwift are still not appearing... I had a look at Strava's API, fetching that data is pretty similar to fetching the data from an actual outdoor ride (especially considering you are not retrieving the whole data, just a couple of headers to create a manual entry). An average developer would need an hour tops to figure how to adapt the code to retrieve data for both real and virtual rides and create a manual entry (Start time, duration, distance, calories burnt ).

By the way, Garmin Connect get the whole data (Distance, Heart Rate, Speed, Elevation, Power, Cadence, ... ), no problems.

Best Answer

@Rcs123 that would depend on your indoor trainer. Does its online account have a link up to Fitbit. 

Try searching their help documentation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a Wahoo Kickr, but I don't use the Wahoo App. I do all my indoor sessions directly on Zwift, which then uploads them to Strava.

Fitbit can't link up to Strava for virtual rides, and I haven't seen any signs of integration with Zwift.

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same problem. It's really weird that it can't get activities of Strava that come from Zwift as when i do a stationary workout through my gps computer that I sync to Strava, that activity gets sync'ed to Fitbit no problem. Connecting Zwift directly to Fitbit only synchronizes the weight which is useless in that case.

Best Answer

Have you asked Zwift? 

They control what they want to sync. 

Best Answer

No, I haven't. However, since the activities are already sync'ed in  Strava, they should be going to Fitbit. But I guess I can try with them see if that is a possibility to sync activities directly into Fitbit. I'll report back if there is fruition. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your saying that Strava is linked to Zwift. And Zwift is linked to Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried connecting Zwift to Fitbit as a test. but within Zwift, it definitely specifies that it only syncs the weight as you can see below. What really works is Zwift to Strava. But I don't get why these don't get sync'ed to Fitbit afterwards. It really doesn't show like a manual entry in Strava since there is map data, speed, cadence and so on. 
20200218_000027.png

Best Answer

On Strava's Help page I don't see anything that would suggest that Strava recorded exercises will sync over to Fitbit. I do see something about matched runs being displayed on the Ionic Strava app. I'll assume that this would be the same for the Versa Strava app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don’t my zwift activities show up on fit bit 

Best Answer

What do I do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ultimatecraft92 your question is best to ask Zwift. Zwift set up the link to Fitbit, they also maintain the connection. 

The only advoce we can give is to revoke Zwift and then setup the link. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just signed up for Zwift, having also just bought a Wahoo Kickr. Still experimenting. I connected Zwift to Strava and my ride today showed up in my Strava feed this morning, but it doesn't push to the Fitbit. However, after poking around on the Zwift site a bit more, I see that it also connects to Garmin, so I enabled that. I use my Garmin when I'm riding outside.

I will try this out tomorrow to see if it works - my Garmin feeds to my Fitbit, so perhaps this is a workaround? Thoughts anyone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can fit bit let people see rides on zwift?
Mainly charge4

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

As long as Zwift has set up a link with Fitbit. Then they will be able to send the rides to Fitbit. Doesn't really need fitbit's permission, since Fitbit wants others to link up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strava should really sync to Fitbit for rides done on indoor trainers, it's actually really frustrating that it doesn't.

If I do 3 hard hours on my bike with TrainerRoad or Zwift, Fitbit shouldn't be telling me I need to reach my step goal...

Best Answer

@BranLan have you added your vote to the request

Best Answer
0 Votes