Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze + Myfitnesspal + Stairmaster

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All

I've been going through as many threads as possible to get information on how to best use my new Fitbit with both Myfitnesspal and my workouts etc. 

From what I understand, I should log my food as normal in Myfitnesspal and on exercises where I'm 'taking steps', I should let Fitbit log as normal. This will result in a calorie adjustment on Myfitnesspal. 

My question is this, I also go to the gym and use a combination of the treadmill and the stairmaster. How should I log these exercises? 

I also do exercises at home involving some weights and general floor workouts. Again how best to log these? 

The main reason I bought the Blaze was for more accurate calorie burn stats due to the HR monitor. I was unhappy logging my exercises using the guesstimate stats on Myfitnesspal or Mapmywalk etc. 

Please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Psc94, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. The best way to use both accounts is the way you are doing it. This is the most popular by other users, logging food in MFP and exercise exclusively for Fitbit. 

Now exercise that are not step based, the best is to manually log these exercises. Manually logging an activity works well for those activities where step count isn't the best indicator of the calories burned. If you are doing an activity that does not require steps or an activity that requires more than just steps (like tennis or yoga), you can use the activity log to improve the accuracy of this activity's contribution to your caloric burn.

All steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your tracker are overridden for the duration of a manually logged activity by the activity's entered values. To learn more about this please take a look at this post.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around in case you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes