Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C25k and my fitness pal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is the best way to link c25k app with my fitness pal and fitbit to avoid double step counting? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Mark6260! I'm wondering how its duplicating your steps and in which app are being duplicated?

If you have C25k link with MyFitnessPal along with your Fitbit Account . MFP most likely is sending to your Fitbit account a manual activity in your exercise history. 

If this is the case, all steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your tracker are overridden for the duration of a manually logged activity by the activity's entered values. This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the manually logged activity has the correct start time and duration.

When your steps are duplicated is when you have an activity logged on your Fitbit account and then is synced another entry at the same time from another application. Usually when the exercise is synced with other apps, your Fitbit account shows this as a manual entry. 

Other cause of duplicate steps, is when you have two applications sending the same exercise to your Fitbit account at the same period of time.

I've seen other user prefer to use MFP exclusively for food logging and Fitbit for exercise to avoid any discrepancy, with C25K it may vary the way it syncs and how since this is an app not officially supported in our Integration page. For more details about other app please visit: https://www.fitbit.com/partnership

If you have additional questions, just let me know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.  It's not duplicating I haven't used c25k yet.  My question was what is the best way to link all 3 apps so they don't duplicate but you have now explained so thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes