Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned not showing on MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've linked Fitbit with My Fitness Pal and although MFP seems to be syncing my steps, my calories burned are not showing up in MFP.

This had led to me wondering if I should ditch MFP and just use the Fitbit app to track movement and food intake! But when I look at the dashboard, Fitbit is not deducting workouts/exercise from my calorie total either.

Basically, I want to monitor my movement and I want calories 'earned' to be added to my calorie total each day. Is there a way to do that in Fitbit? Or figure out why it's no longer recording calories burned/earned in MFP, since I connected it to Fitbit!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

You're a genius! I've been scratching my head for a couple hours over this stupid app until you found the fix. Thank you!

Best Answer

D u d e thank you. Worked like a charm. This solution should be posted everywhere!! 

Best Answer

Hello there @surfingscotty and @clairemaclennan, I'm glad to read you were able to resolved the issue you were experiencing. 

Just passing by to say thank you for posting your experience and sharing this thread was helpful. Additionally I want to take the opportunity to give @surfingscotty a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community.

Hope to see you all more frequently in our Community. Stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently had the same problem! I fixed the issue by changing my “Activity Level” from “Very Active” to “Not Very Active” and then it actually started recording all the calories burned from the steps I had gotten.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem.  I checked the link in your post about having my Fitbit selected as my step tracker and it is already selected.  Still no luck getting my exercise to transfer from Fitbit to My Fitness Pal.

Best Answer

This is how I use it too. Works for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just come across this issue and found the following solution:

• Click "Exercise" on the nav menu at the top of the screen
  • Click "Settings" on the sub menu that appears underneath
  • Scroll down to "Calorie Adjustments" and check the box "Enable Negative Adjustments"
  • Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I am having the same issue. My fitbit will not sync my calories burned to my fitness pal. I have disconnected and resynced, and nothing

What do I do?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. My Fitbit automatically tracked my walk into work this morning saying i burned 89 calories. But it doesn't appear to have added it to my Fitbit calories limit as calories earned, and nothing shows up on the MyFitnessPal side. I notice sometimes that it changes through the day, up or down when I have not done any additional exercise. I wish the fitbit app would show the math like MyFitnessPal does and I'd ditch MyFitnessPal altogether. 

Best Answer

Did you have to wait until the next day, or did it begin working at the next sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same problem, Im trying to train for a comp and this is very frustrating. The fitbit charge 3 will NOT sync calories burned with myfitnesspal. I have tried for two days now and followed all the instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my MFP is also not syncing with my firebit charge 3 properly, I have disconnected and reconnected a number of times, and MFP will not pick up the calories burned daily from my fitbit.

After reading this below  if I click on "Checkin" are you saying that  MFP will pick up these things but NOT calories burned?

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MFP.
2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There definitely is still an issue with calories NOT syncing from Fitbit charge 3 to MFP, ....so frustrating.

MFP is so great for logging food - I just want it to also pick up on the calories burned from logged activities from my FITBIT.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jessjade.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on the matter.

In this case I'd recommend that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article on how to disconnect the apps from Fitbit. After that try connecting them again and that should help in getting all to sync once again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I am having issues with my fitness pal and Fitbit as well.  My steps are showing up on myfitness pal but it's not showing my exercise calories anymore.  It was fine until about a week ago and stopped all of a sudden after a ios update I think.  That's the only thing I can think of.  I have created brand new fitbit and my fitness pal accounts to see if this would help and it didn't help either.  So frustrated!  i have used this for over 2 years and on my third fitbit.  

i love it but if they won't communicate it's not worth it.  Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

so I'm having similary issues. but the other responses are super old, so not sure the solutions are up to date?   MFP does not show ANY calories burned even when it shows I"ve had 10,000 steps..  any new solutions?   I bought the fitbit in 2018.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m wondering if it’s a glitch with a new iOS update?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Stephanie6938.

Thanks for letting me know about it.

In this case I'd recommend that you try to disconnect the apps and then connect them once again. That should help so that they starts syncing correctly once again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

i did this reconnect thing so now the calories burned ARE showing up but is
this correct? or about.. 5500 steps = 61 calories burned ?

Tiffiny Vikdal

Moderator edit: Removed personal info.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have unconnected and reconnect about 100 times. I even set up Brand new accounts for fitness pal and Fitbit with a different email and it was doing the same thing. So this won’t help. Next...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes