Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I export nutritional information from Fat Secret App?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to get my nutrition info from my Fat Secret app to sync with my Force.  I love the application and I do not want to switch to the fitbit food logging.  Thank you  for any and all help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

No, they are not compatible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

t does sync with myfitnesspal app if you haven't tried it yet it's free and I love it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wrote a post about it on FatSecret and their forums...I also want it because I think FitBits database of food is useless

"Fitbit <-> FatSecret, No one will lose!"

Best Answer

One year later. No native support for syncing with fatsecret but it does sync through: http://fitmess.herokuapp.com/

Best Answer

Thanks,

I just got a fitbit HR today, and I'll likely be returning it if I can't sync to fatsecret.com.

I have many ways to track my heartrate, calories, fitness, and not interested in one that isn't compatible.

Also, I already tried myfitnesspal years ago and moved to fatsecret since for me it' much much better.

I'm NOT going to add my foods to fitbit, after having years of data already stored on fatsecret.!

and NOT going to start logging them bothy separately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Any progress on the integration mi 2016 ? I've tried Myfitness pal and the fitbit logging tool but the foodbase is american and my fatsecret is much more south african based.

Any tips on what can we do to get the data accross ?

Thanks

Best Answer
Fitbit's food database is the worst I've ever seen. 😔
Best Answer

I use Fatsecret EVERYDAY! and would loveee for it to sync to my Fitbit Charge 2 . I don't want to use another app eithers, like myfitnesspal. No, i will stay with FatSecret thanks. So now i can't even use Fitbit Charge 2 on the Dashboard to log in my food intake, i just have to log all my food intake on the FatSecret website. But would love for it to sync into Fitbit Charge 2! Because then i would know how many calories i have ate i have burned off while exercising!

Best Answer

I'm with all of you guys on the Fatsecret app! I would love to sync my Fitbit Blaze with my Fatsecret app as all of my custom food in there are spot on with my diet. Come on Fitbit, get on board with Fatsecret!

Best Answer

I agree. FatSecret is better than MyFitnessPal, mainly because I weigh all my food by grams, and MFP hardly has any entries with grams as an option, even for packaged foods which have grams listed right on the package. FatSecret has grams listed on nearly all their foods, which I love!

Best Answer

Hello @ash_1985 good to see you again and welcome aboard @Dukes485@Kimbychu. I see this is something you are interested to have. Although many third party integrations are not developed by us, but by the third party app who uses our open API. 

If this is something in which you're interested, please visit this feature suggestion and contribute with your vote and comments. This is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the future!

Hope this helps in the meantime and thank you for your feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I'm new here and I'm just getting my Fitbit Flex 2 up and running. I've been using Fat Secret since May 2009 and have since that time, put on weight then reached my goal weight and then put on weight again and reached my goal weight again. In between, I have had some half-hearted attempts to lose weight but have never been very fond of doing any exercise. Now that I have retired and have more time, I want to try and get myself in better shape. Hence the purchase of the Fitbit! I started dieting again 21 days ago and have so far lost 9.5 lbs. Plus, I have been out walking every day and want to find out exactly how this is affecting my weight loss. So, to be able to connect my Fat Secret to my Fitbit, would be a great advantage as I do log all my food intake on Fat Secret. It's the best food database that I have found and I have personally added quite a few products to it, taking the details from the product information. I won't be adding my food intake to another source as I really don't have the time or the inclination.

Best Answer

This didnt help at all. And theres still no way of sync'ing it to fitbit!

Best Answer