Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I link my Fitbit Charge HR with TrainingPeaks?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use TrainingPeaks to log my triathlon training and I use my FitBit Charge HR as my heart rate monitor. I was wondering if there is a way to link the fitbit app and the TrainingPeaks app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

@lairdgirl 

It's not possible to link apps directly to the Fitbit App, however Fitbit offers the ability for other developers / companies to create a link between their app and the fitbit account (when giving your permission), so it's possible to use for example their program to log food and it sync's to the fitbit account.

Fitbit however doesn't have any control over other apps since these aren't developed by Fitbit. If it's not possible to link to the fitbit account in the TrainingPeaks app to sync certain information, feel free to contact the 'TrainingPeaks' app Support Team to request integrating such functionality. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted TrainingPeaks already and they told me to connect with FitBit. Here's their response:

Thanks for the email. In general when we become compatible with a new device it's because the device manufacturer themselves builds a data transfer to our system. Can you contact Fitbit and see if they have any plans to offer that?

Regards,

Marcus Ward
Customer Success Manager
Systems Administrator
TrainingPeaks.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

so that was almost a year ago. i just started using TP. have you found a bridge between the two?

Best Answer
0 Votes

As an avid user of trainingpeaks, I would make my decision of my next activity tracker and scale based on whether or not the data could be imported to TP.  I know both Garmin's tracker and scale can.  I love my Fitbit but there many other products and all my historic data is with TP.  Is this something y'all are looking into?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd suggest we ping training peaks to support this...it's already on their radar, perhaps if you guys consider 'voting' for this functionality on their wish-list project ideas:

http://peaksware.uservoice.com/forums/106657-trainingpeaks-customer-feedback/suggestions/5617806-add...

Best Answer
Are there any new updates on this? I am currently training for a half marathon and my mentor set up my training program in training peaks. It would be so much easier for me if I could connect my surge to it!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

any updates on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wytown88 I responded to something similar here, but essentially they would have to build the integration using our open Web API if you want data to sync between the two services.

Aside from that, Fitbit devices will only communicate directly to Fitbit apps and will not connect to third party applications. That would require a Bluetooth SDK. I don't know of any current plans for that, but I'm assuming if it were to happen it would only be for newer devices.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates, my understanding is the primary problem is that FitBit do not provide the required time stamp data, while I do not want to throw away the investment made in FitBit including the scale etc, this is a bit of a show stopper for me. Unfortunately found Training peaks app after my investment in FitBit so in a quandary at the moment. Also does not link to other training programs like Strava etc.  FitBit seem to be  holding a more proprietary integration approach which does not really work for me. Would like to confirm what is in the road map. I think FitBit are missing the point, Application drives adoption, this is the key to the success of products like Garmin and Android where they have made their devices compatible, are FitBit going to do the same or should I move to Garmin, not a threat just don't want to waste time if FitBit are not going to work on their compatibility and rather cut my losses sooner rather than later. 

Best Answer

Yes you can use a thirdparty service for example: FitnessSyncer

More information at the Trainingpeaks website:

https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001917608

I hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize that this thread is a bit old, but just incase anyone new comes across this I wanted to let everyone know that we are currently beta testing an auto-sync of workout and body composition data from Fitbit to TrainingPeaks. At this time we are not syncing sleep or step data. If you would like to test this new feature you can connect your accounts using the link below. After connecting your accounts, new workouts and body composition measurements will automatically sync from your Fitbit account to your TrainingPeaks account.
https://www.trainingpeaks.com/account/fitbit

Please send feedback on this feature to beta@trainingpeaks.com and let us know how it is going!

You can keep track of our progress on this feature here:

https://peaksware.uservoice.com/forums/106657-trainingpeaks-customer-feedback/suggestions/5617806-ad...

Ben 

Best Answer
0 Votes