Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sync non-GPS activities to Strava or Runkeeper?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I’m shocking because If I understand good so I can’t share my activite without GPS with strava or Runkeeper? It’s true or I make somting wrong?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @MPdriver.

I've moved your post to the Third-Party Integrations board so you can receive related responses. Thanks for your question and let me explain that currently only GPS activities recorded from your Fitbit device such as your Charge 5 will sync to those apps. This is also described in Strava and Runkeeper respective pages.

I understand how much you'd like to share non-GPS exercises to those apps my best advice is to direct them to our open web API and smartwatch SDK so they can integrate with Fitbit and make this happen. You can also share this idea in the Feature Suggestions board which is the best place to get the attention of our developers. Your feedback is appreciated and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit Problem is on Fitbit, not on Strava or Runkeeper.

To verify this try to download a tcx file of a NON-GPS session from Fitbit dashboard and you will get an empty file.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Guitarplayer.

Thanks for stopping by to share your insights about this matter. I understand your point of view about not being able to sync non-GPS activities tracked by Fitbit to other apps. Our team constantly works to improve our features and services, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. I'd encourage you to share this idea in the Feature Suggestions board, as well as direct those apps developers to our open web API so we can work on it. I appreciate your feedback and please know it won't be taken for granted.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit 

I guess you mean a suggestion like this, already done 4 years ago and only Reviewed by moderator.

I don't understand why I should contact the apps developers, as they can't do anything with the current API that are made, mainteined and supported solely by Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes