Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Noom with Fitbit app after revoking access

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

At my wits ends. Due to problems with synching my Fitbit to Noom, I revoked access to the Noom app and can not reconnect. I have read all the posts, followed all the tips, uninstalled and reinstalled both Fitbit and Noom apps and can not reconnect for the life of me. Really ready to throw away my charge 3 after all these issues.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and labels

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi @ditakg, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Let me share with you that this issue is with the app under discussion and your Fitbit app, not your Charge 3. That being said, can you please let me know which phone are you using? When was the first time you experienced this situation and how many times since then? Are you experiencing the same issue with another app or just with Noom? Lastly, do you receive an error message while trying to connect your Fitbit app with Noom or it simply never loads? In the meantime I receive your answers, please check the information that's specified on: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

Looking forward to your reply.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm having the exact same issue with a Charge 2 and an Android phone, haven't had any other problems. After disconnecting to fix syncing issues (and following all available directions and uninstalling/ reinstalling both apps like the user above), there's no way to reconnect. If I go to my Noom app Settings and select Apps & Devices, there's no option to connect another device - just the radio button to choose a step source (also tried selecting others and then going back to Fitbit - didn't do anything or give connection options). Looking for a way to reconnect my Fitbit as a new device. 

Best Answer

Hi

I am having the same issues. I revoked access now cant see how to re add it anywhere in fitbit. There is a place where it should be sitting under 3rd party apps but no add button. How did you add it? Would appreciate your assistance here. Will go back to garmin if it cant be rectified soon!

I think the issue is possibly with Noom. When i added my garmin to noom app, it takes you to noom to log in and provide authority. Not the case with fitbit.

Best Answer

Having the same issues. I have chosen Fitbit app, but cannot get to a registration place, therefore, Noom doesn't show up on Fitbit. Very frustrating when you are trying to lose a few pounds. Shouldn't be so hard....

Best Answer

Please be aware that this issue is being addressed by Noom when they get it fixed. Things should then work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!!!  - Charge 3 is the device I'm using.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wonderful, thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here and I cannot "reset" my noom app so that I can manually enter steps even... So frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am right there with you!  Will await noom to fix....you are right shouldn't be that hard.  Looks to be a charge-android issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up deleting my account and starting all over. Issue solved. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

What worked for me to get the Fitbit step count syncing with Noom after revoking access was to do the following in the Noom app:

- go to Settings/Apps & Devices/Choose a step source

- Fitbit was already selected, but I chose "Garmin Connect" this time (other step counter sites may work, I didn't try any others)

- this redirected me to the "connect.garmin.com" web page, where I logged into my Garmin account and Agreed to step count data transfer

- was then redirected to "syncmydevice.com", where it was possible to Disconnect the Fitbit app

- I then repeated the whole process, Choosing Fitbit as the step source and connecting (and then disconnecting Garmin)

Syncing started shortly thereafter.  

I've read elsewhere that it is best to share all data, not just checking some of the data to be shared boxes.  Don't know if that is true.

Note that this was with a Fitbit Sense, which I've found to have fewer problems syncing than my previous Ionic and Versa2.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Both Noom and Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing needs to be done within the FitBit app.  The steps outlined above are all done within the Noom app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! I've tried both and it's still not connecting 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with my Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not long ago Noom States that they where aware of the issuer and working on a solution. 

As @ortsc147 points out, you need to go through the Noom app and connect your Noom account to your Fitbit account. 

If it fails, it is a Noom problem and you should contact them, not Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got an email from Noom with a work around:

Our developers are now aware of this issue where selecting certain step sources does not prompt you to log in or allow permissions for the tracker to properly work. This is a high priority for them and they are working hard to have this resolved as soon as possible. However, we do have a workaround to get it working for you now! Please follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Apps & Devices within the Noom app. Scroll down and select "Polar" as your step source. This will take you to a page to log in to Polar. This selection is only temporary so you will not need to log in or do anything else here.
  2. Press the Home button on your phone (typically the circle icon in the bottom center of your screen) to leave the Noom app and proceed to open the Chrome browser. After opening Chrome, go to https://syncmydevice.com (be sure to type it exactly as shown or just click the link provided in this step if you're on your phone!).
  3. You should now be viewing a page with a list of trackers. Tap "Connect" next to the tracker you're trying to connect (you can also tap "Disconnect" on any trackers you may need to disconnect). After tapping "Connect," you will be prompted to log in to your tracker's account. After logging in, you will often be asked which permissions to give the app. Be sure to select "Allow all."
  4. You can now navigate back into the Noom app and go back to Settings > Apps & Devices to select the tracker you just connected and logged into. You should be good to go! (If you're still viewing the Polar login page from earlier, you can tap the "X" icon in the top left corner to go back).

And that's it! We know this is an involved workaround but we've had a great success rate so far! Please note that your steps may not sync in right away, and depending on the tracker's servers, it could take up to a few hours before the initial sync comes through.

Best Answer

Thank you!  This worked for me on my android phone and Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes me to! Thank goodness.Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes