Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't revoke HMS access to Fitbit account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm noticing HMS Integration by hms (which I believe to be Huawei mobile services) has already been given permission to access my account when I didn't agree to allow it access. I don't own a Huawei device and therefore it has no reason to be access my account.

HMS access

How do I revoke access as there is no option to do so through my Application settings or is this something that is forcible integrated and can not be changed?

Thanks

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @maddock34.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced. Thank you for the information provided.

To address the issue better, please provide the following information:

- Where does it take you when you tap the hms link?

- Are you part of any health management system that works with Fitbit?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

When I click the link it takes me to this site, which does not produce anything except a white page. I have tried connecting using both separate devices and home broadband/mobile data.

I am not aware of any health management systems that I have actively connected to Fitbit

Best Answer

It now appears to be gone from the account despite me making no changes.

Thanks for the help, this thread can now be closed if that is within your power

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, @maddock34.

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Health & Wellness board to talk with other members about health and fitness.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, at the end...what is this HMS integration? I've got this too and it is confusing. Any help understanding what this is, is very helpful. In the meanwhile, revoking.

Best Answer

Would be nice if someone from Fitbit could let us know what this is. I just seen it enabled on my account for at least the third time. I revoked access AGAIN. I want to know what this is that keeps gaining access to my entire account. Someone from Fitbit please look into this. The link takes me to a blank white page as another user posted. What/who is hms?!

8236FB96-548B-4511-BA08-FD584F568CC5.jpeg

I changed my password after revoking hms access last time too… how does hms keep gaining access to my account? Would be nice if I could figure out who hms even is. This is ridiculous. At least have a description that means something. 

Would be nice if someone from Fitbit could let us know what this is. I just seen it enabled on my account for at least the third time. I revoked access AGAIN. I want to know what this is that keeps gaining access to my entire account. Someone from Fitbit please look into this. The link takes me to a blank white page as another user posted. What/who is hms?! It’s accessing EVERYTHING!

EdsonFitbit_0-1660515124142.jpeg

Even accessing multi-factor authentication settings?! 

How can you say this has been “resolved”? It’s accessing everything and still not even a word as to who or what this app even is? Who/what is hms? Every app I have ever linked to my Fitbit account over the last 8 years always has a description that’s very easy to understand and to know “yep, I connected that”. Fitbit has got to know what hms is. So who is it? What app is this? Why does it take you to a blank page? And internet search has this that also takes you to the same blank page: (looks like a Fitbit link to me!) 

EdsonFitbit_1-1660515158421.jpeg

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

So no answer? What is this hms app that was accessing our account data? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my fitbit HMS was the company related to the onetouch blood sugar tester that I had linked but then tried to unlink when they changed their privacy to include outside country access.  I was able to keep it revoked but fitbit still gives me notifications to update my onetouch so I can't seem to turn that off even though I turned all notifications off

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have OneTouch, and I just deleted hms connection.  I'll see what affect it has. 

Best Answer
0 Votes