Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign up to fitstar with Fitbit option

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wanted to try out Fitstar due to it being featured on the recent update of the Fitbit app, so I downloaded the app. The FitStar app gives me the option of signing up via Fitbit, however whenever I click on this I get redirected to an error page on safari, this happens on both my iPhone and iPad. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? I know I could make my own account with my email and then sync the two apps but I'd really like to use the Fitbit option.

Error messageError message

Ionic, Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @ebonyk93

This used to be an issue but after looking around it seems to have been resolved. If you try to log in again and connect it to your Fitbit account, it shouldn't give you any issues.

Please let me know how it goes! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome to the Community @ebonyk93

This used to be an issue but after looking around it seems to have been resolved. If you try to log in again and connect it to your Fitbit account, it shouldn't give you any issues.

Please let me know how it goes! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, it's not fixed, I'm having the same problem right now. What can I do? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stepping into the Community @Girl-n-guitar!

I'd like to ask you some questions to better understand what is happening:

• Are you getting any sort of error message? If so, what does it say?
  • What device are you using to connect the two of them?

Look forward to your reply and helping you get back on track.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I've tried to sign in on my IPhone 5c and got the error message. I then tried it on my Windows 10 laptop in Google Chrome and Firefox but still the same error message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amara23! Thanks for stepping into the Fitbit Forums.

If you do not mind me asking, could you get a screen shot of the error message that you get and then post it as a reply. That would let me get a better understanding of what is going on and how to move forward.

Look forward to your reply! 

Best Answer

IMG_7940.PNG

Best Answer

Hello @Amara23, thanks for that picture.

In this case let's try the following steps:

1. Login to your Fitbit account from a computer browser.
  2. Go to your Settings, then click on Applications
  3. On the next screen, look for Fitstar. If you do find it there, click Revoke Access under Fitstar 
  4. Then login to your Fitstar account with your email and password. If needed, reset your password.
  5. Once in your Fitstar account, go to Settings and connect or toggle on the connection with Fitbit.

Please let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

That fixed it! Thank you! 🙂

Best Answer

Hey @Amara23

Those are some great news! Now you can use Fitstar and Fitbit together and reach all of your goals!

If you have the time, you should visit one of our Discussion boards. There you can talk about a lot of different topics with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. I have exactly the same error nesssge as the first one you fixed it for. Says wrong address

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have s computer any more just iPad and iphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Melsin.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on the matter. 

Could you follow the steps that I shared above? They should definitely help in getting it all to sync and work once again.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I tried revoking access like you suggested but that didn't seem to help.

When I go to FitStar, I try to log in through fitbit and it takes me to Safari and asks if I want to open FitStar Yoga, and I click Open. However that brings me right back into the FitStar login page, which is blank.

I have tried to click login with Fitbit a couple of times but it's an endless circle. I have revoked access several times as well but it's not helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @jules548.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing the steps you have tried.

In this case I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot and then share them in here. That way we can take a closer look at what is going on and determine what is going on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the screen I start with, I try to "log in with Fitbit"This is the screen I start with, I try to "log in with Fitbit"Then I get taken to a Safari screen that says api.fitstar.comThen I get taken to a Safari screen that says api.fitstar.com

This page shows up, and when I click Open I'm taken back to the FitStar Yoga log in page again.This page shows up, and when I click Open I'm taken back to the FitStar Yoga log in page again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jules548.

Thanks for those screenshots! It definitely helps to visualize the situation.

Let's try to uninstall the app and then install it once again. That should help in getting it all to work correctly. 

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes