Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Couch to 5k App sync with Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I have been using the fitbit charge for about two weeks now. I love it, and want to develop running. I want to use a couch to 5k app, and can do this in Endomondo. I know that this will pass the data to fitbit, but if I run while wearing my Charge, won't it also record the activity, or at least the steps, and double count them. 

Is there a way in settings to stop this happening, or do I just turn off the Charge hen I am running, and then turn it back on afterwards. It would be nice if they worked together.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@StephInSD It's great to have you here! Currently, this app isn't listed in the list of supported devices but you can try linking Fitbit with MyFitnessPal and see if you can link 5k app with MFP, then this data will sync to Fitbit. 

@iwatts I'll be happy to clarify this. When you're using a third-party app and using your Fitbit to track a step based activity. You should check that the time is properly entered for the time that you were running or walking so this can override the steps. If the time is different,  you're going to get double steps. 

Hope this helps Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@iwatts That's correct! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@iwatts A warm welcome to the Community! That's correct, you shouldn't be using two apps to track your steps because then you're counting double your steps because your Fitbit was created to track your steps and any other app will use the sensors in your phone to track them, when the other app syncs to Fitbit you're going to get double steps. 

I would recommend not using the other app when you're running and just use the Charge. You should use the other app when you're doing an activity that require more than just steps because this will improve the accuracy of calories burned that you're going get. Any idea that you want to give us you can post it in our Ideas Board  because these suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and best thing is that people can vote for them Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silivia I actually have the Couch to 5k app on my phone which I love because it is a training program. Is there any way to intigrate that workout into my fitbit flex? I am intigrating My Fitness Pal right now but if there is a way to intigrate Couch to 5k by by Active Network that would be amazing.

Best Answer

Interestingly Sylvia I contacted Fitbit Live Chat about this - they said that it wouldn't double count, as the third party app would effectively replace the steps for that period of exercise - i.e. for the period of exercise logged, the steps would be deleted for that time frame that the Charge has counted.

The problem is that the Charge or fitbit app does not offer training programmes, and Endomondo does. Interval training is not possible just with the Charge / Fitbit App. However, I want to wear the charge because when I finish my programme on Endomondo I want to carry on walking and track the steps.

Can I have a clear answer from Fitbit about this, because the guide / instructions of how it works aren't clear, and different people give different advice!

Best Answer

@StephInSD It's great to have you here! Currently, this app isn't listed in the list of supported devices but you can try linking Fitbit with MyFitnessPal and see if you can link 5k app with MFP, then this data will sync to Fitbit. 

@iwatts I'll be happy to clarify this. When you're using a third-party app and using your Fitbit to track a step based activity. You should check that the time is properly entered for the time that you were running or walking so this can override the steps. If the time is different,  you're going to get double steps. 

Hope this helps Robot Happy

Best Answer

So...... So long as Endomondo is automatically syncing with Fitbit, the times should match and there should be no double logging?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iwatts That's correct! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't really care so much about logging the activity as I do about having my Fitbit signal when it's time to run and when it's time to walk. Those are not even intervals, so the current interval training feature does not help.

Best Answer