Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Fitbit Connect software be used with other devices than a Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had a Fitbit Charge HR for about 3-1/2  monhs and LOVE it! I don't automatically sync it with my laptop, but stop every day or so and sync it to download the data. I also have a Microsoft Healthvault account. It updoads all of my data to that and it's really nice.

I am disabled, and have a very serious health condition. (I have Late Onset Tay-Sachs Disease) Over the past several months, and since getting my HR, my condition is improving and that's wonderful. But I got a new phone yesterday and it looks like I can't make use of my Healthvault account anymore. 😞

I got a Galaxy S7, and they have a promotion where I was able to buy a Samsung Gear S2 for only ninety-nine cents!  It's a very cool piece of gear, but it looks like the Healthvault doesn't have the capability to use the data fron the S2 or the S Health app.

Is there any way to use the Fitbit Connect app to get the data from my S2 into my Healthvault account?

Thank you VERY MUCH for any input. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi  @jpollman

Have moved this thread to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

-

Fitbit connect only works with Fitbit trackers, though it's possible to link the Fitbit Account with Health Vault as dear @SilviaFitbit mentions here from your profile sharing page

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jpollman A warm welcome to the Community! I'm happy to hear that in those 3 1/2 months you are already loving your Charge HR.

It's cool that you got the Samsung Gear S2. Fitbit will use the data from the tracker and sync it to HealthVault account. You can continue using it the way you were with Galaxy S7. The only thing is that you need to continue use your laptop to sync your tracker's information. 

Also, you may want to visit the Discussions Board and meet new people or find good tipsRobot Happy.  

Thanks for your input @SunsetRunner! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

That would be great, but I guess I can't see how it would work. I have my S2 linked via blu-tooth to my S7. But I don't see any way to get the data from my S7 into my laptop. I use an Acer laptop running Windows 7 amd it doesn't have bluetooth. I used to connect my HR to the laptop via a wireless USB connection.

This data is very important. A little less than five years ago, I was diagnosed with Late Onset Tay-Sachs disease. It is an EXTREMELY rare form of a genetic disorder that normally only affects infants and children. I am one of only about 300 confirmed cases in the entire world! Luckily, late onset isn't generally fatal like it is in the infants and kids. But it is debilitating and there is a very good chance that I will end up in a wheelchair eventually. I used a cane for 2-1/2 years, a walker for a year, and a walker combined with full leg braces for about 3-1/2 months. 

A few months ago, I finally found a job working in the box office of the local theater. I work about 30 hours a week. The good news is that I haven't used my braces since starting work, and I haven't used my walker in over three months. Since getting my Fitbit, I'm averaging about 2.6 miles a day. That's pretty good for a disabled person who everyone says will end up in a wheelchair! 🙂

I really want to continue tracking my activity levels. But the S2 is a lot more convenient for me. There is another thing tough, I'm currently involved in two different research studies concerning my Tay-Sachs. In about two weeks, I'm headed back to Bethesda, MD to start participating in a third study. This study will involve wearing yet another blu-tooth tracking device. I'm assuming it's going to be another wearable type device. I really don't want to have to wear THREE at once. 🙂

I just need to figure out HOW to get the data from my S2 into my Healthvault account.

Thank you very much for reading my posts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jpollman please follow the link @SunsetRunner supply it'd above. 

Your tracker can only sync to Fitbit your health Vault account, not your S7, will link to your Fitbit account over the web. Just follow the instructions on the link provided above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thans Rich,
But I've decided that I'm going to go back to my Fitbit Charge HR. This Samsung Gear S2 sucks. I have to charge it EVERY day! I don't need all of these bells and whistles. The Fitbit is MUCH better!

Best Answer

I have a blood pressure monitor that sends data to a HealthVault account.  While browsing, I saw that Fitbit dropped the integration with Microsoft last year.  Do you know why?  I exported my Fitbit data to a CSV file, but HealthVault could not import it.  Appreciate any background and help on this matter.

thanks

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea why Fitbit stopped integration with Health Vault. I am
dealing with Late Onset Tay-Sachs disease which is an extremely rare
form of an already rare disease. I am one of only a couple hundred
confirmed cases in the entire world! I loved the fact that I could log
all of my Fitbit data and could access it later for my doctors and
researchers to review. I started using my Fitbit in April and they
stopped integration in September, so I only have five months worth now.
I have yet to find another device that will gather this kind of data and
will integrate with Health Vault. I really wish that I could.
Best Answer
0 Votes