Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cgarge2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge2 not syncing meals/water 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

We are going to need a little more information @TinaLeigh 

Are you entering your meals and water through the Charge 2 on your wrist, as you state? 

Or do you enter meals and water through the Fitbit app on some unknown device? 

You might also be using the web browser? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have it connected to MyFitnessPal; which IS suppose to be compatible

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
Duh??? The charge 2 is suppose to work/sync with MyFitnessPal!!! So YES, it should track my food, water, exercise, etc!!! It’s NOT doing what it’s suppose to be doing. Has been for 5 days now & I was given a case# & told someone would be able to fix it. After owning Fitbit then upgrading to the charge 2, I don’t understand why ALL of a sudden it’s NOT working.
Apparently I’m NOT the only person with this problem according to Fitbit community.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The first post simply said Charge 2 not sync food or water with no mention of what the food and water is suppose to sync to/with.

Saying that food and water is not synced by the Charge 2 implys that water and food gets entered into the Charge 2. In reality both food and water gets entered directly into the Fitbit account through the web or app. 

As for the Charge 2, no nobody ever said that it will sync to MFP and it is not suppose to sync with MFP. All Fitbit devices, including Charge 2 will only sync to your Fitbit account. 

MFP has set a link up to Fitbit, MFP is responsable for maintaining this link between the Fitbit account and the MFP account. 

It is not the Charge 2 or Fitbit that failed but the link that MFP setup that failed. 

I posted a link to the MFP site with an update on this from MFP.. Yes as MyFitnesdPal said on Monday they where made aware of a problem between MFP and got right on it. At some point they also reached out to Fitbit for help. They are making progress and a good number of users have had the link up restored. 

Most people use Fitbit to record their activity and enter all their food into MFP, not Fitbit. 

To sum up. Follow the link above to see what MFP says. This is a problem that needs to be fixed by MFP. At best Fitbit can give some guidance and help figure out what the issue is. But at the end of the day the problem is in the hands of MFP and they are working on it.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Funny that Fitbit was syncing with MyFitnessPal when I got the charge2 6 months ago. But I understand passing the buck. As I said before maybe it’s time for an Apple watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

MFP and Fitbit where syncing last Sunday. Then Monday something happened. In what way is I passing the buck @TinaLeigh.

Fitbit provided the the interface needed for third parties to access your data, in computer jargon the API. The third party then writes the code to use this API. 

Every third party app that access your data uses the same API. If it was For its fault then every app that has a connection to Fitbit would be down. 

Strava works. Walgreen's works, Achievement works, my Google spreadsheet is even able to access my data. 

The problem is not on fitbit's side, this can be easily confirmed since we know that every other app is accessing their users Fitbit data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes