Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 is not able to send data directly to third party apps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As it says above.  Unfortunately this is a major issue as the Fitbit app is not usable by serious users.  I want to be able to have my phone transmit to my headset my HR every thirty seconds when I am trail running or hill climbing on my bikes.

Very poor implementation of a product when there are so many good examples.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

HI there @powdah, good to see you again and thank you for your feedback. We do constant updates and improvements in our trackers and Fitbit Dashboard to comply with many necessities from our users.

Indeed, this feature you brought to my attention is not available and I think it would be a great addition; so I suggest to share your idea in our Suggestion board. This is the best place to make your voice heard, where our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want.

On your tittle you mentioned is not able to send information to third party app, in fact there are different apps that connect with Fitbit to share certain data across. However many of the third party integrations are not developed by us and we don't have the control over this data or how it will be interpreted by these services. For more information about supported apps visit our web section: https://www.fitbit.com/partnership or visit our Community dedicated post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Once again thank you for your comments and feel free to share more ideas like this.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

On your tittle you mentioned is not able to send information to third party app, in fact there are different apps that connect with Fitbit to share certain data across. However many of the third party integrations are not developed by us and we don't have the control over this data or how it will be interpreted by these services. For more information about supported apps visit our web section: https://www.fitbit.com/partnership or visit our Community dedicated post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

This misses the point of my comment entirely as I am referring to direct access so a third party app can make up for the lack of maturity (or even fore thought) of the fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I share the opinion of powdah. Where other manufacturers have seen that 3rd party live integration is becomming more and more important for users Fitbit still doesn't pick up on this signal.

I have bought my Fitbit Charge 2 HR 2 months ago bacause I wanted to have a nice looking device that can track HR and daily movement. What I did not know at the time is that the device is not an "open" device that can share it's data with other 3rd party apps. If would have known I would never have bought it. The maturity of the Fitbit app is lacking where it does not provide proper information or tracking during exercise. I hope that you will consider to enable an API to share live data to 3rd party apps.

Best Answer

Hello @powdah and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Boyd71. I understand your point of view about the integration of third party with Fitbit.

For more details about changes or improvements of connectivity with other apps, please refer to Third Party Apps - FAQ. You might find more details about your concerns. 

Thank you for your feedback and your interest to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You totally miss the point of the comments.  Your response and links do not address our needs and wants.  Every other sports app does a lot better job than Fitbit, bar none.  Fitbit seems clueless to the needs of someone other than a stepper.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. this reply seems a bit disingenuous. The ANT+ protocol is a very widely used standard for wireless realtime data. It's used by hundreds of manufacturers precisely to get around these third party issues.

https://www.thisisant.com/consumer/

Fitbit wants people to "integrate with their ecosystem" but don't seem to play nicely with existing standards.

Best Answer
0 Votes