Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR + Myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello there

I have recently purchased a Charge HR and I think I am slowly getting the hang of it. I have linked MFP to my Charge HR but I have read so many posts this week about logging exercise and so many different opinions I have become confused.

I understand logging food on MFP syncs to my Fitbit - that is going good so far and working great. However, I see people saying to log both food AND exercise on MFP and not on Fitbit but I have also read that Fitbit doesn't sync to MFP - it is only the other way around (MFP to Fitbit). I love using the "start workout" button on my Fitbit and have been recording all of my workouts this way - is it true this will sync to MFP? If you add workouts to MFP surely then the Fitbit will still automatically log exercise (whether I press the side button or not) and it will become auto-logged and manually logged thus creating a duplicate? I understand things like yoga etc are best logged but I mostly do normal cardio activities and HIIT training.

Thank you so much if anyone can offer a clear answer! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @alanasomething

Have moved this thread from the Charge HR to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Wishing a beautiful day, evening, night..

Kitten

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, my apologies for posting incorrectly! Have a great day. @SunsetRunner

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for moving @alanasomething's post to this board Robot Happy

Allow me to help you @alanasomething! Yes, you can log food and activities on MFP and those are going to sync to Fitbit. Fitbit will sync steps and calories to MFP. So, if you put your tracker on activity mode it won't sync to MFP (just the steps not the whole activity). 

Regarding your question about duplicate data, the correct way to do it will be to log activities on MFP and not use Fitbit or use Fitbit and not MFP. If you use both the data will be override so no need to worry about double information Smiley Wink

Have a great weekend! Hope you can continue enjoying the best of two worlds Fitbit and MFP Woman Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SilviaFitbit thank you for your answer! I love how my Fitbit records my heart rate and is more accurate with calorie burn for me than the MFP estimates so if I want to use my Fitbit for this it won't translate the calorie burn to MFP? I only bought my Fitbit for calories burned when I'm working out (don't really look at my steps) and recording food MFP is more accurate for food!

Is it possible to just use MFP for food and use the Fitbit for exercise or would this confuse things? MFP won't record my HR and peak/cardio/fat burn so don't think it would be ideal for me to use as an exercise tracker. Why can't the Fitbit translate the calories burned to MFP? How can steps be put into MFP when it only records food and exercise?

Sorry for all the questions I am still a little confused!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ooh I see MFP shows steps on my phone. Never mind the question about steps! So really all I would like to know is if I exercise the calories burned will show on MFP or not?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@alanasomething Yes, if you record your activity using your tracker, those calories will transfer to MFP. However, you will see the whole amount of calories burned instead of just the ones that you got for that activity. 

Spoiler
Is it possible to just use MFP for food and use the Fitbit for exercise or would this confuse things?

Yes, that would be great! Use MFP for food and Fitbit for exercises. See the screenshot below for how the calories burned will show on MFP. 

Hope this helps. 

myfitnessp.JPG

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes