Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Exercises Don't Disappear from Weight Watchers App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have synced my FitBit app with my Weight Watchers app. Today I noticed two problems with this connection:

1) If I erase an exercise from my FitBit dashboard, it doesn't erase from the weight watchers app. (I even tried unsyncing FitBit and Weightwatchers and resyncing).

2) Weight Watchers counts "Driving" as an activity and gives you FitPoints.

Has anyone figured out a way to handle either of these problems?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

SOLUTION!

I've just synced my fit bit to WW yesterday. Today it's added biking which I have not done. Tried to delete from WW and wouldn't come off but I've just deleted from fit bit, then if you go into Activity on the WW app, scroll to the bottom after deleting from Fit Bit and press "sync with fit bit app" the biking will then disappear from the WW app! I hope this helps? Bit faffy and feels pointless to sync them if I have to delete and re sync everytime I drive, better off not syncing and just adding the steps?!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
49 REPLIES 49

@CourtneyA Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Have you tried to erase those activities on Weight Watchers as well? I'm not sure why Weight Watchers is giving you FitPoints for driving. I'd recommend contacting Weight Watchers to see what is going on on their app. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once the activity has synced too weight watchers you will have to delete it manually from there.

Removing an app doesn't trigger a sync between Fitbit and WW. Only adding an event will do this.

As for driving, it sounds as if ww treats it as if it was another event, which is how Fitbit looks at it.

Best Answer

How do you delete the exercise manually? I can't figure it out.

Best Answer

@Jvonbehren93 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Do you want to know how to delete an exercise activity on Fitbit or on Weight Watchers?

If you ask how to do it on the Fitbit app for Android, do the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap the "Track Exercise" tile.
  • Tap and hold the activity you want to delete.
  • Tap "Delete".

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

It will let me delete from Fitbit but not ww app... ww app only lets me delete what I manually entered. If you find out, I would love to know

Best Answer

@Jen51686 Welcome to the Fitbit family! I'm pretty sure how to delete them on the Fitbit app. However, I'm not sure how to delete them on Weight Watchers. Doesn't it have an option to just delete it just as Fitbit does?

The best thing to do if you don't find any option is to contact Weight Watchers to check how to delete the activities on WW app.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I just chatted with weight watchers, they said there is no way to delete an activity that was synced from FitBit.  I asked them to put it in as a feature request.  Hoping they'll add it, because it's very annoying to not be able to get rid of all those extra points.

Best Answer

@MadyM Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the information you got from Weight Watchers! I'm sure this will help other users who might be experiencing something similar with their app.

Hopefully, they will include it in the nearest future! 

See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

up until recently when you deleted in fitbit - it would also sync with ww and remove the activity in ww. but now it's not. 

and i'm also getting the problem of ww mysteriously syncing fitbit activities that are not even in fitbit. Of course WW support was no help. sigh. 

Best Answer

I wish I saw this last night. I just went through this same hassle to discover that this no longer occurs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I've been trying to figure this out all morning. WW app counted my biking activity as 7 and Fit Bit only as 2 Fit Points, so I wanted to delete the Fit Bit data. No such luck. Also, somehow, Fit Bit added a mysterious activity and cannot take that off, either. Very frustrating. Looks like they haven't cared to change this since it was first brought up in 2016.

Best Answer

@Erica.pietryka, are you wanting to delete the bike ride from Fitbit or from WW?

Of course deleting an event from Fitbit, will not delete an event that already has synced to WW. You will need to do this from WW. Fitbit has no control over what WW syncs or what they do with your data. 

Best Answer

I understand this is not a FitBit problem as the bike ride deleted with no issue from their app. I sent a "help" message to WW with little confidence they will respond. WW will not allow me to delete the data sent from the FitBit app despite it being deleted in FitBit.  I'll keep y'all posted. Just an irritation that will go away next week once my week restarts. 

Best Answer

I am SO angry about this lack of functionality! This is day 2 for me on WW and I'm so irritated that I want to quit. I know that's silly but I'm even more angry to learn that it was a function that has now been taken away! Gah! (ps obviously this is not aimed at Fitbit, I was just hoping to find a fix here since WW was no help..)

Best Answer

Once an event has been retrieved by WW it is also on their server, deleating it from Fitbit will remove it from Fitbit. You will need to delete it also from WW since they do not check for events that where deleted. 

Best Answer

there is no way to delete it from WW if it was synced from another device or app. flaw in WW's system. 

Best Answer

It's 2018 and this is STILL a problem.  It's ridiculous.

Best Answer

Once the exercise has been sent to WW, deleting it from Fitbit would not be enough you will need to delete it also on your WW account. Fitbit is not responsible for what third parties do with the data .

Getting upset with fitbit for a failure of WW to allow deletion will not be productive. Personally i would take your case to the source of the problem, weight watcher. 

Once the data has left Fitbit, now residing on the WW server it is not under fitbits control. 

Best Answer

Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes