Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Exercises Don't Disappear from Weight Watchers App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have synced my FitBit app with my Weight Watchers app. Today I noticed two problems with this connection:

1) If I erase an exercise from my FitBit dashboard, it doesn't erase from the weight watchers app. (I even tried unsyncing FitBit and Weightwatchers and resyncing).

2) Weight Watchers counts "Driving" as an activity and gives you FitPoints.

Has anyone figured out a way to handle either of these problems?

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

The problem 

Exercise gets logged into Fitbit. 

WW sees this exercise and retrievers it from Fitbit. 

The user deletes exercise from Fitbit. 

WW is not looking for exercises that have been delegated from fitbit. 

A user will need to go into their WW account and manually delete the exercise from there. Fitbit has no control over weight watchers and will not be able to fix a deficit of not being able to delete an exercise on a weight watchers account .

If a user needs to remove something from their Weight Watchers account, they will need to contact Weight Watchers .

This is not a problem Fitbit can fix, once the data has left your Fitbit account, weight watchers can do what they want with it. 

Lets look at a real world example .

LetsLesay I write and record music. I gave a copy of a song to my friend. He put the song on his phone so that he can listen to it. 

I have decided to delete the song from my music .Did this also delete the song from my friends phone? No since I do not have control of my friends phone. 

Best Answer

I think you're missing the points made in the comments, people are aware and understand that they have to delete it from WW. the problem is WW will not allow you to due to an issue.

Best Answer

I'm not missing the picture. 

If you want to have the ability to delete an exercise from Weight Watchers you will need to take this up with Weight Watchers. 

Fitbit has no command over what Weight Watchers does or allow, and posting to a community for Fitbit users will not have any influence on what a user can do on their Weight watchers account. 

To summarize if you want changes to happen with your Weight Watchers account you will need to contact Weight Watchers.

Best Answer

People in the comments have already said that (including the moderator). And others have already taken action. I know you're trying to be helpful, but every comment you have posted is repeated in a different way.

Best Answer

I wish I had seen all the helpful comments before I synced, now my WW activity points are all jacked up! Grrrr!!

Best Answer

July 2018 - still a problem. I swam 555 minutes today! I'm better than I thought  🙂

Best Answer

Have you contacted WW yet. 

Fitbit has no control of what WE does with your data after WW has retrieve your data. !

Best Answer
Yes,I contacted them. I realize it had nothing to do with Fitbit- Thanks
Best Answer

WW still hasnt updated it and it's so annoying!!!

Best Answer

Your post is from 2016 and here I am in December 2018 with the same problem and surprising lack of WW customer service (as in zero response from help chat or customer service.) WW does so much right that this seems uncharacteristically awful. I'm pretty frustrated. Does anyone have any current info on deleting erroneous Fitbit info from ones WW activity log?

Best Answer

it's 2019, and this is STILL a problem

Best Answer

Yes this has to do with the way Fitbit and WW communicates, as mentioned above, WW will need to initiate the fix

Best Answer

Hey Rich_Laue,

LOL you made yourself perfectly crystal clear the first 7 times. 

Let me start out by saying that those of us who are WW and Fitbit users are aware that this is not a Fitbit issue. This is a WW issue.

The intent of our commentary is to sympathize with each other. Since you cannot sympathize, your continued commentary and involvement is unnecessary and derogatory. 

Here I'll say it again, to eliminate the need for you to insert yourself and repeat the same information again. We all understand that this is not a Fitbit issue. This is a WW issue. It still sucks and we wish it was different.

For someone who is a community legend, you lack complete awareness of how to engage with your audience. 

One last time in case you are unsure that we all understand going forward. You know what they say- the third time is a charm! This is not a Fitbit issue. This is a WW issue.

Signed, 

A person (along with many others now thanks to you Rich_Laue) who is aware that this is not a Fitbit Issue. This is a WW issue. 

P.S. hopefully Fitbit will initiate a "fix" for your unnecessary involvement in posts and prevent you from repeating your initial derogatory answer 8 times. 

Best Answer

I have the same question. They need to allow deletion of exercises that were synced. Thanks. 

Best Answer

I agree Weight Watchers needs to implement a feature that allows their user to remove an exercise. 

Once WW has pulled an exercise from fitbit, the exercise in WW is on their server and outside of Fitbits control. 

Best Answer

Just rejoined ww today and having this issue. Googled, ended up here. Has this issue been logged with WW? Or where with WW can one log an issue. Maybe if a bunch of us request it, it will move up the issue list?

Best Answer

Hello @Stephiej a quick Google gave me your answer. 

Screenshot_20191023-202121_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

2020 and still an issue.  Steps were added erroneously on fitbit (by fitbit) while I wasn't even wearing the tracker, I attempted to delete these by overriding them with Driving (as suggested in Fitbit Forums) now I have 44 activity points for DRIVING and no ability to remove.  Given that this has been a 4 year issue, I can only assume it has been reported multiple times, but I will report it once again customerservice@weightwatchers.com

Best Answer

Yes it is a 4 year old issue that weight watchers has not addressed. Wendy provided the best answer years ago

You do some exercise. Weight watchers sees this and adds it to their system. You removed the exercise from Fitbit. However weight watchers is not owned by Fitbit and Fitbit has no permission to go into weight watchers and delete data on their system. 

This problem is caused by weight watchers not giving users the ability to remove data from their weight watchers account. 

This problem can not be fixed by Fitbit but is a problem weight watchers needs to address. 

If a user wants some data removed from weight watchers they will need to ask weight watchers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just discovered this is still a problem.  Very frustraiting. 

Best Answer