Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developed a Way to Sync from Non GPS Activities to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

i have made a web app that upload Fitbit NON GPS activities to Strava.

If you want to use go to https://www.fittostrava.com

At this moment it's a first release, so tell me if it works fine.

Thank you.

Marco

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Hello @shppotta.

Thank you for taking the time to develop it and posting about it in here.

Hopefully other users will definitely find it useful and help the app become very useful. 

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users, maybe something there will pique your interest.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco.  Would it be possible for you to share the source code for you web app.  As much as I want to try your app I am very hesitant to just authorized an unknown application to access my data. You must surely understand 🙂 . If you could make your application open source that would be a great win for the community!

Thanks in advance!

Akos

Best Answer

Hi there. I tried your website and it worked perfectly for me. Thank you for your app! I was desperately looking for something like this!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi There, I have tried your web app, but the issue is that I consistently get the start time of the activity wrong when imported within Strava. Your Webapps show the correct time, but when exported to strava, the start times are way off.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@shppotta would you please make your software open source and publish it on GitHub?  Thank you!

Best Answer

Great webapp, congratulations. Works great.

The one issue I have is as I tested I logged out and it seems to logout from fitbit only. So I went to strava em revoked access, so the web app does not have access to it, but the webapp still thinks strava is connected and there is no way to reconnect it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this setup show heart rate information if an activity is started via phone app? Activity via phone app will give GPS, but no HR data, activity via non GPS tracker will give HR data. I am looking for a way to start a run on the phone and get the HR data for that activity. I can only get this combo when starting run from Ionic. I work with a few Alta users that have to choose HR or GPS readouts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app works great for non-GPS activities , so far everything is correct. Thanks a lot and keep up the great effort. Definitely what I have been looking for

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way of adding a distance does anyone know? this does not export

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great job with this app and exactly what I've been seeking for my Fitbit Ionic. I do indoor recovery rides after my outdoor rides and want to sync that data as it also affects Strava Fitness/Freshness rating.

Found the best way to do this is start the indoor ride as a workout then it can be changed to a ride in the Fitbit app. Then sync thru your app and BAM! This method is easier than disabling GPS and logging as a ride and then don't have to forget about re-enabling GPS etc. Thanks again!

Best Answer

Is there a problem just now with this, it's been working great for me but the last 2 days when I export my activities to strava it says it has uploaded but when I go to strava my activities don't appear? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

the problem was solved.

Have a good sport day 🙂

Marco

Best Answer

Hi 

The site has been working well for me for the past month, but since yesterday my Fitbit activities no longer show on Fittostrava when I sync it with Fitbit.

Thanks

Best Answer

Same issue - no sync to strava for a non gps based sync.

Best Answer

I wanted to use your application today for the first time. However, somehow when I connect my fitbit account my activities don't show, so I am unable to convert.

Best Answer

The app syncs the activities only those tracked automatically or those tracked by the device.
So, the activities tracked manually are not synchronized.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried using this - authorized access to fitbit/strava, activities show on fitbit, when selecting upload to strava, it confirms uploaded, though nothing appears on strava

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco, I have the same issue after it was resolved the other day. It used to work fine, but since a day or two uploading to strava seems broken again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes