Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device type information uploaded to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I notice that when a run is uploaded to Strava from fitbit, when the device used is a Surge, the run overview in Strava shows the device type as "Fitbit Surge". Presumably this data is sent over along with all the GPS data, and heartrate etc. 

This is typical for Garmin devices also, as I notice that runs or rides tracked with any Garmin device also show the device type used in the overview. 

I use a Fitbit Blaze, and although the run uploads to Strava perfectly, and as expected, there is no device type data sent, so this doesnt show. 

I'm just curious if this is intentional, or an oversight in the integration between Fitbit and Strava?  

Is there any way the device type (Fitbit Blaze in my case) can be sent with the activity data, as it is for the surge?

I tried a manually exported and then imported run, but it still doesnt show the device type. 

No longer a fitbit device user
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

The screenshots shows the standard Strava activity summary, with the device used to record it shown. For any Blaze activities, there is no device type shown. 

No longer a fitbit device user
Best Answer
0 Votes