Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover credit card support for Fitbit pay

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I saw a post that asked for a discover credit card support in Fitbit pay like in 2017 but still discover credit cards are not accepted in Fitbit pay and that's like my only card. So I'm just bringing up this topic again to refresh the idea of integrating discover credit cards with Fitbit pay. Please look into it. It is like only reason that I bought a Fitbit and then returned it again. Thinking of buying the Fitbit versa 3 only if it would be supports discover credit cards because I use Google pay a lot and Fitbit even though it is owned by Google now, it doesn't have Google pay in it's devices.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @RaHsut  Fitbit isn't owned by Google. An offer was tendered, but it's deep in the legalities and hasn't been completed, but hopefully it will be approved. As for the credit card, ask Discover why they aren't letting Fitbit use them. Fitbit would probably love to have more bank cards available for us, but it's up to the banks to approve their use. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@RaHsut I would contact the help number on your card. As @Odyssey13 mentiond, Fitbit has everything setup. It is now up to the bank to add Fitbit. 

Best Answer

This isn’t an answer but I use Apple Cash which does use discover debit and I want to use my Fitbit instead of buying an Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@theorangepro then contact Discover, not the community of Fitbit users. 

Best Answer

Hi @Rickkee  these are wrist based devices, so if you wave, shake a bottle or do other things that move the arm, you get steps. With me, I keep my hands in my pocket or hold something where my arms don't swing, so I have fewer steps counted, although I did indeed take them. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I know.  My girlfriend was paying a little attention to me for about 20 minutes with her watch arm, and it logged a 5-MILE bike ride.  Go Fitbit!  LoL Couldn't resist the post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with Discover.  They told me I need to ask Fitbit to add in Discover, so we've come full circle.  He did log the complain / request and had him make a note that I use AMEX everywhere because DISCOVER is not an option since 2017!  I'll try again in six months lol.

Best Answer