Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do any of the fitbit products track heart rate? or are compatible with other heart rate sensors?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to get an activity monitor for my wife and myself. Target heart rate during fitness activities is important to us. Can the fit track my target heart rate or integrate with a heart rate sensor to do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, none of the Fitbit trackers have an HRM. But as a pedometer, it is one of the best you can buy, particularly the One.  For HRM, I use the Mio Alpha - I simply can't tolerate chest straps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

No, none of the Fitbit trackers have an HRM. But as a pedometer, it is one of the best you can buy, particularly the One.  For HRM, I use the Mio Alpha - I simply can't tolerate chest straps!

Best Answer

Thank you for the advice. One thing I have been told by a couple of sales people so far is that we should be looking for a chest strap because the wrist band type heart monitors are just not very accurate. Are you satisfied that the Mio Alpha gives you accurate measurement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
@funfitfan I have been told and have read the same thing. Curious for some side by side compairasons.

Collin | Los Angeles, California

One, Charge HR, Aria - Android 5 (Moto X), Mac

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information. Help others while waiting for help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I did my homework before I bought the Mio Alpha; and there are other contributors to these forums who have indeed performed a side-by-side comparison with a chest strap monitor. The Mio Alpha is accurate and you will find professional reviews on the web that will affirm this.  Any way, I've had one for about four about four months now and I'm very happy with it.

Best Answer