Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FitBit Fully Integrate With Anything Which Allows Moving My Data In The Future?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a Vers Special Edition, replacing a Gear S3.

Now I am trying to sync my historical data to the FitBit app and running into a wall.

I have synced my Samsung Health data with Google Fit. I also use Withings (for my scale) and MyFitnessPal for my nutritional intake. They all sync together -- some harder than others, but they do.

Am I missing something, or is FitBit effectively a walled garden and does this mean that if I ever replace my Versa in the future, I will lose all my historical data from the Versa?

I actually like the Versa and the FitBit app, but if it is true that if I ever leave FitBit's ecosystem I will have to lose all my data, I will have to seriously reconsider my purchase decision.

Thanks for any input and suggestions for both importing data from Samsung Health, Google Fit, or Apple Health, and vice versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Bleeh.

Thanks for sharing your experience and concerns on the matter.

At this moment there is not direct way for Fitbit to sync with the three services you mentioned. Having said that, we do have suggestions talking about that. We have one for Samsung Health, for Apple Health and for Google Fit. You can vote for them to show your support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

There are some third-party apps that let you sync with those services but it is important to mention that they are not developed by Fitbit and thus we cannot guarantee their viability, effectiveness and security. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Lanuza.

So, is there a way to import my historical heart rate results into the FitBit app, from either Samsung S Health or Google Fit, or Apple Health, though third party, if need be?

Also, any way to export FitBit heart rate historical data, if I need to do so?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bleeh.

Thanks for reaching back.

At this time we do not have a way to manually export data to those apps. Having said that, you can click here to read more about exporting information from Fitbit.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Lanuza.

I read about the ability export data, but how about the ability to import data?

I have several years of heart rate data, for instance, exported to both Samsung Health and Google Fit. I like the FitBit app, but I see no way to import my data into it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bleeh

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately we do not have an option to import data at the time. Similar to my post above, we do have a suggestion talking about it so maybe you could support that one too.

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes