Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync exercise (like cycling, etc. -- not just steps) with Myfitnesspal (MFP)?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have searched through many threads and can't find an answer to my question: I know fitbit will sync steps to MFP (and mine works fine), but will it sync exercise data? For example, right now my fitbit is showing 215 calories burned from biking under exercise, but that is not syncing to MFP. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @justin42! Unfortunately, the answer is no. Exercise with sync from mpf to Fitbit, but not the other way around.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @justin42! Unfortunately, the answer is no. Exercise with sync from mpf to Fitbit, but not the other way around.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the solution I've come up with, curious if anyone else with a similar setup has a better idea. 

My daily workout is a Peloton class. The Peloton bike will sync with Fitbit, but MFP won't pull the exercise data from Fitbit, so it's not very useful. So I instead sync the Peloton with Strava, which will sync my workout data (and calories burned, although Strava's estimate is always a bit lower than my bike says...) with MFP. 

However, I have to turn off the negative calorie adjustment, because MFP's calorie estimate is always much higher than Fitbit's since MFP isn't syncing Fitbit's exercise data. Am I missing anything?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don't you fix this?

Best Answer