Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Wahoo fitness sync with Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to get my activities from Wahoo fitness into my Fitbit activity log without manually typing them in? The Wahoo fitness app can export to many other apps natively, but Fitbit is not listed. Has anybody done this?

Thanks...Josh

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Thanks for joining the Forums @jlayer3. In regard to your question, there isn't a way to sync your Wahoo data with Fitbit or vice versa. If you wish, you can post this as a request in our Feature Requests forum. This is a great place to get the attention of Fitbit's developers. You can also search if there is already a request posted for this and vote for it.

Any other questions or comments, feel free to contact me back. Smiley Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
You can sync Wahoo with Strava and the Strave to Fitbit. Works pretty well for me.
Best Answer

@mijlee Welcome to the Community! Thank you so much for sharing an alternative solution. I'm sure this can help many other users. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around. You may want to check the Discussions Board, there you can meet new friends, recipes or tips in how to improve your health. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@mijlee wrote:
You can sync Wahoo with Strava and the Strave to Fitbit. Works pretty well for me.

Very helpful indeed. Follow up question though— When the Strava activity syncs to Fitbit, is the HR data from Strava also transferred? Was told by a Fitbit rep that Strava does not share GPS and HR data of manually logged activities (and this is classified, according to them, as a manually logged activity). 

Would really like to see Fitbit’s HR zones from a Strava activity.  

Best Answer

What about the other way around? Fitbit to Strava to Wahoo? I want my heart rate info from my Charge 2 to transmit to Wahoo - it has audio reporting for entering/leaving heart rate zones I’d like to use...

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Emilywilsonusn.

A connection like that would be entirely dependent on what type of information is carried from Strava to Wahoo. The best way to go about it would be to contact Wahoo directly and see what information syncs from Strava to it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the answer from Fitbit to the original question, is no...what a surprise.

Fitbit really needs to listen to user requests (there have been many for this functionality).

Best Answer

Same bad experience here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will it count towards your Fitbit goals that way?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're not trying very hard with this answer.

Let's say Strava sends heart rate to Wahoo. Then, would the fitbit Charge 2 send heart rate to the Wahoo?

Best Answer
Due to the lack of tech with Fitbit, I bought a Garmin Fénix. Best investment in tracking virtually everything I need.
Best Answer

I too wish to view my fitbit heart rate on my Wahoo Element while cycling.  Perhaps someday in the future.  When you consider paying for the watch and $150 per annum for Fitbit Premium this would be a non issue.

Best Answer

Some time since you posted this excellent request . Have you resolved it per chance?  I just bought fab Kickr snap as weather is so grim.  So disappointed there’s no apparent way to integrate with Fitbit data (esp HR). Had hoped we could frig it using Strava, but that’s no use for stationary cycling. So, any news? Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hi!  I am able to pull in peloton app rides into Fitbit.  It took awhile to figure out, but here's what works for me:

1. Track indoor spin session using Wahoo Cadence and Wahoo app.

2. Connect Wahoo app to Strava app

3. Connect Strava app to Fitbit

There is a delay between Strava and Fitbit, as it doesn't seem to be instantaneous.  But when it does load, I see miles, mph, avg bpm, and zone minutes. 

Hope that helps!    

Best Answer
Thanks, that works for me. I appreciate it!
Best Answer

Thank for this, catango88! By adding in the Wahoo cadence sensor data do you notice any better accuracy in the calorie burn numbers that FitBit calculates for your spin sessions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes