Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise heart rate graph fails after MyFitnessPal sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

There appears to be a bug with the heart rate graph in exercises. To reproduce:

1. Log an exercise using Fitbit. In my case it's a treadmill run from a Fitbit charge 2.

2. The exercise will correctly log to the app, with the proper, accurate HR graph.

3. Manually add the exercise to MyFitnessPal. As we can't tell it not to sync exercises back, it will sync this activity back to Fitbit which will add it as another exercise. Curiously it will also have the correct HR graph in both exercises at this point. 

4. Delete the duplicate exercise from Fitbit (it will have MyFitnessPal in the title).

5. Open the remaining exercise which Fitbit originally logged and the HR graph is now a rough line.

The intention is to use Fitbit to track near-enough everything, but as it cannot sync exercise to MyFitnessPal, I'm manually adding it there. It's easy enough to delete the one it syncs back to Fitbit, but the problem is that the HR chart seemingly gets removed from the original exercise logged by Fitbit?

Note - the heart rate section still correctly shows its own HR graph for the entire day - it is just the one in the exercise entry which seems to get removed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there,

I have further information on this. The HR graphs show in the web dashboard fine - the problem seems to be limited to the app (perhaps only Android, but I haven't been able to test with iOS).

Someone moved this topic to third-party integrations, but I believe this is a problem with the app in particular, and not with its connection with a third-party app. The data seems fine until the duplicate activity is deleted in the Fitbit app, in which the HR graph cannot be seen by the original activity recorded in Fitbit even though the HR data still exists.

Best Answer
0 Votes