Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise tracked on Fitbit not syncing to MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit tracked exercises used to sync with MyFitnessPal so I could get credit for the exercise I do against my calorie total for the day.  Now for some reason it only tracks steps taken, not anything else such as the cardio workouts.  I have tried everything such as deleting both apps and reinstalling, etc.  they show as connected but no exercise info is syncing.  Please help. 

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

And there has been no resolution to why what used to be recorded as walks are now recorded as elliptical.  I’m doing the exact same exercise.  Something changed in Fitbit.  There are others complaining about the same issue - the 2nd support person I spoke with told me this.  

Best Answer

As for MFP you if the revoked access and reconnect steps did not work .Then you will need to contact MFP. 

About your tracker question, tgistbelongs under hardware tracker board. unless you really want to hijack your own post with a totally unrelated question in an unrelated board. 

Best Answer

Hijack my own post?  Lol.  I’ve brought this to the attention of Fitbit, and so have others, in the correct venue and it still hasn’t been fixed.  It’s useless.  Have a great night.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

But the point we want you to understand is that exercises have never been sent to MFP. Only step walked are transferred to MFP. 

If there is a problem, then you will need to communicate with MFP, Fitbit has no control over the link. 

Best Answer
Steps aren’t being transferred anymore like they used to be. I’m tired of spending time chatting with Fitbit support only to have issues continue to be unresolved. I’m not alone with this issue. Thanks for attempting to help though.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Luckymom521, thank you continue visiting the Fitbit Community and thank you for your  help @Rich_Laue.

We have received reports that MFP has been experiencing some issues at the moment to sync. It is possible this may have been the reason why you were not able to see your information. However this issue was already fixed. For more detail please review this post.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I assure you, I have never, EVER entered anything manually, but until a few weeks ago the Exercise portion of the formula at the top of the MFP screen would populate with data synced from my FitBit.

Update:

Apparently, the same conversation is occurring on the MFP troubleshooting site. Here's what they suggest to resolve the issue:

- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then check to see if fitbit is showing as Connected under your apps. If so please Disconnect it. 
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications. If MyFitnessPal is showing as Connected there, click the blue ‘Revoke Access’ button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It’s important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, here.
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I wound up logging out of both apps AND went to the respective websites and logged in where I disconnected the 2 apps from each other.  Then I logged back in to them in the app and connected them.  Then I logged back in to the websites to check if they were connected and stayed logged in there when I closed my browser.  I finally saw a calorie adjustment for the steps I took on a 4 mile walk yesterday.  Getting ready to walk again this morning.  I’ll let you know if it works again.  

Update:

Too good to be true.  It’s not working again today.  This is ridiculous.  So many issues with my Fitbit.  On top of all this, it underestimates each mile I walk by 2 to 3 tenths. I’ve tried manually adjusting stride, but it doesn’t help.  Heart rate frequently doesn’t track while I’m exercising.  Doesn’t matter where I wear it in my wrist.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.  Looks like I’m hijacking my own post again.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Hi there @msklouise and @Luckymom521, thank you for sharing your workaround and for reporting the issue still continue.

There is another thread with a similar issue, where the syncing from MFP and Fitbit is being intermittently. You might being affected by this, but rest assured MFP is already aware of this issue and is working to have a resolution. For more details please refer to this thread.

See you later and stay tuned in case to our Community for more news.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

You have to revoke access on both the Fitbit and MFP accounts first. Then you can relink.  I just did it, trying to troubleshoot my syncing issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I ask why that is? It does not make sense, shouldn’t all calories burned through activity be transferred over to MFP? You are not really getting an accurate calorie calc if it doesn’t sync all of your exercise and activity. 

I have also had a FitBit for a while now, and I think it used to work that way as well... 

Best Answer

Yes @Sheideman00  all of the person's activities, steps, and calories should be sent to MFP,  my understanding is that the individual broken our exercises do not transfer.

Best Answer

Same! My runs were picked up by Fitbit and the exercise would show up in MFP. Now that is no longer working! My walks are also now showing up as elliptical workouts too! What happened???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.   You used to be able to just have Fitbit exercises and their calorie burn sync over to MyFitnessPal.  I'm guessing someone had the genius idea that having total calories from steps taken would be better.  It's not.  Seems like a typical case of the vendor not asking the customers what they want before making a change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit once sync exercised over to MFP which has not stopped happening. Fitbit are not acknowledging this. Its another reason why I'm disengaged with the Fitbit product now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Fitbit has never synced exercise to MFP as mentioned above. It is MFP that pulls the exercise from Fitbit, if your having issues with MFP, please reach out to MFP. Fitbit has nothing to do with this link up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked before whether it was Fitbit syncing over or MFP pulling information, it was happening and now it is not.
Get Outlook for Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also understand that it still works for my. My point is that if MFP has been removed and linked up, and still doesn't work, one will need to reach out to MFP.

Or you can remove Fitbit from MFP. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This absolutely is still happening. Just bought a Fitbit on 6/15/19, exercised on the treadmill, which registered in Fitbit but didn’t cross over to MFP, logged it manually in MFP, which caused it to double-register in Fitbit. I bought the Fitbit specifically for integration into MFP. This makes my purchase next to useless. I will be returning it and getting an Apple Watch or Garmin. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @RocketGal demanding Fitbit users, or Fitbit will not help with a My Fitness Pal issue. 

MFP is responsible for their link up with Fitbit and you will need to reach out to them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes