Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise tracked on Fitbit not syncing to MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit tracked exercises used to sync with MyFitnessPal so I could get credit for the exercise I do against my calorie total for the day.  Now for some reason it only tracks steps taken, not anything else such as the cardio workouts.  I have tried everything such as deleting both apps and reinstalling, etc.  they show as connected but no exercise info is syncing.  Please help. 

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Hi there,
not sure this can help and sync everything you want, but... 
if you still have issues with MyFitness Pal, maybe you could try this solution (Fitbit sync to Endomondo and then Endomondo to MyFitness Pal):

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/MapMyRun-is-not-syncing/m-p/3853380/highlig...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Or a user might want to contact MFP, they are responsible for their connection to fitbit. 

Best Answer

RobertoME,

I just returned to a Fitbit after a year or so with a Gramin. The same calorie issues happened to me whereas it used to always sync from what I remember. I tried your disconnection method off both websites, waited and re-established the apps... and presto! It worked. Thank you so much... just hope it stays working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was desperately hoping that LostEcho's suggestion would solve the problem, but unfortunately exercise doesn't seem to sync to endomondo either, just steps. 

I'm now on a quest to find any app it actually syncs to in the hopes that I can sync that data back into myfitnesspal so that I can participate in the challenges again. Or just hope that things change once Google takes over... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your interested in what Endomondo says that they sync from fitbit. See there help doc

Please remember that fitbit provided the tools, third party sights like endomondo are in complete control of what they want to take from fitbit. 

If your having issues with MFP or Endomondo, the best thing to do is to contact them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue. I've got a Fitbit Flex2. Every time I completely disconnect and reconnect the apps, it updates my step count in MFP once. But it refuses to update again when my step count increases. The fitbit app works perfectly and MFP has no issues, it's just the communication between the two. I've revoked access and reconnected. I've done everything suggested on all the forums I've read. But unfortunately had no success so far. HELP, please! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hayley8072 the transfer of data between Fitbit and MFP is handled by MFP not Fitbit. Your best course of action would be to contact MFP. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. This fixed the problem immediately for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to let people know if you’ve spent half an hour looking for this information like me, if you have an iPhone this doesn’t work. 

Instead you need to go to account, then under privacy and security click ‘manage data’ you will then be given change to ‘manage 3rd party apps’ and revoke data like suggested above. 

However for me this still didn’t fix the syncing problem between mfp and Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed. I too have an iphone. I followed the instructions above and they
worked, but only once. Next day, no sync. I'm not gonna bother any further.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So basically, after reading this thread, I'm better off keeping mfp and fitbit separate. Sucks, but I honestly don't care about logging steps when I'm murdering in the gym and not getting credit 

Best Answer

It used to work fine for me.  I have a lung disease and every bit of walking/exercise I do helps.  I'm ticked off. I've gone through all the steps to revoke and then re-add and it doesn't work. 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I have found a (somewhat  clunky but effective) workaround using Strava. Essentially you link Strava to both Fitbit and MFP.. This will sync all GPS fitness activity  (via Strava) but not other Fitbit cardio, such as spinning. However, by using the rxvellent

third party site (https://www.fittostrava.com) you can manually sync ALL activity (again via Strava to MFP). It annoys me that I have to jump through all these hoops, but it definitely does work. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Same problem here. Unlinked the two accounts, and now I can’t relink them…

Best Answer

This is a 4-year-old post and it still doesn't work right. My steps are always calculated but my workouts never transfer

Best Answer

Will the "Perpetual run around" automatically sync to both apps. An additional Stress Measurement feature would also be a nice feature for these apps to track. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you turn off the adjustment?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So disappointing to see that 4 years later this still isn't working. 

Best Answer

Yeah this sucks. I used to have to use Edomondo to sync exercises....but NOW that app is waay past defunct. So I use fitbit, unfortunately, it doesn’t track calories right in myfitnesspal. I mean, I can walk to the grocery store and "burn more calories" according to the sync, then if I’m hitting it hard for more than an hour in the gym...because its all based on walking/steps???!! Lame.

p.s I’m sure this more on the “Fitness pal” end...thye each want you to solely use their app…

Best Answer