Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra calories showing up on breakfast summary coming from MyFitnessPal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I enter my food on MyFitnessPal and it syncs with my Fitbit. This has always been a seamless process (for over six months now). Today I noticed that my Fitbit is showing an additional “breakfast summary” of 248 calories in addition to the real breakfast summary that I logged on MFP. There doesn’t seem to be any way of deleting it, and since I never entered it anywhere, I can’t even delete it on the other app. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you. I think the problem must have been on MyFitnessPal’s side. I was planning on following your advice the next day, but the next days meals synced fine, without doing anything. If it happens again, I’ll give it a try!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Chackmann, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing this strange excess of calories on your food log. Thanks for all the detail, I'd like to help you out!

Now, just to be sure, there is no food log extra item but the summary gives you extra calories than what you've logged, is that correct?

My recommendation at the moment would be to remove the integration between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal and then, add them back again and see if that helps. This is something that you will need to do on the web dashboard. For this, go to https://www.fitbit.com/settings/applications and here, look for MyFitnessPal and click on the Revoke Access button. Then, go to MyFitnessPal site and link your Fitbit account again and see if this helps.

Let me know if you need more help.

PS. I'm moving your post to the Third Party Integrations board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I think the problem must have been on MyFitnessPal’s side. I was planning on following your advice the next day, but the next days meals synced fine, without doing anything. If it happens again, I’ll give it a try!

Best Answer
0 Votes