Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find my phone integration

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My girlfriend just got me this as an early Christmas present, and we just realized there is no way to use and sort of find my phone feature! This is definitely a deal breaker, and I will be having her take it back. Why in the world would this not be implemented?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community, @Jordanimal and @JohnnyRow, thanks for the input.

I understand how are you feeling and appreciate the feedback provided. As our friend here mentioned, this option has been released on Fitbit Ionic, Versa series and Sense. You can find this information here: What's changed in the latest Fitbit OS update?.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

"Find  my phone" is now available on most of the "Smart Watches" with downloadable apps, but I think not on the "Trackers" which include the Charge line.  Not every model has every feature. 

Sorry you got a model which does not have a feature that you require.

If you do want a Fitbit with 'find my phone', you could try Versa 2 or 3, or Sense.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Jordanimal and @JohnnyRow, thanks for the input.

I understand how are you feeling and appreciate the feedback provided. As our friend here mentioned, this option has been released on Fitbit Ionic, Versa series and Sense. You can find this information here: What's changed in the latest Fitbit OS update?.

Let me know if you need anything else.

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply Alejandra. Do you know if there are any plans on updating the charge 4 OS in the future to feature a find my phone option?

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back, @Jordanimal.

Regarding your inquiry, we don't have this information. But, you can check the Add a Phone Finder app in the Charge 4 request, vote for it and leave your comment. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I will catch you later.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why won’t the find my phone feature work when my Fitbit app isn’t open? It only works if the app is open? I don’t just leave my apps open constantly. Is there a setting that I need to change? 

Best Answer

i have the same problem, the apple watch works without the app being open. 

many update as to why you have to have the app open ? 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,

I have a Versa 2 and use two different iPhones (one personal, one for work) and all of a sudden the Find My Phone app is finding my work phone instead of my personal one. They both have the FitBit app installed, as I sync to both. Is there anything I need to do to configure my account or app to find the correct phone? I have no idea why it switched. 

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was working on my sense but not anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes