Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Alta HR integration with Discovery Vitality - South Africa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi There. I was wondering if someone out there has had the same issues with Discovery Vitality and tracking exercises or total workouts and getting the correct points awarded. I have just linked my FitBit Alta HR with heart rate tracking and I generally gym for 75 minutes a day quite vigorously at Virgin Active doing a wide range of short duration high impact cardio. Yesterday my FitBit tracked that I exercised for 75 minutes (75 active minutes). The FitBit Alta however only auto-recognises certain exercises, pretty much only running, walking and the elliptical. It however doesn't recognise the other activities that I do at gym in a session such as cycling and rowing and skipping. It seems as thought it has only sent Vitality the data regarding my run and the elliptical and has completely ignored the rest of my 75 minute workout... It also seems to send each exercise separately and I don't do any one exercise for longer than 30 minutes so I don't even get points for those exercises, never mind the rest of the 75 minutes... Also it seems to send the calories burnt and the speed and not the heart rate. All I want is for the device to send them full data on the full workout irrespective of what exercises I have done. Has anyone else had the same problem? Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Have you talked to discovery vitality yet? 

They are responsible for the link, any problems, and what they want to retrieve. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar problems, I have the Charge 2 and I cannot get my Active Minutes synced to Vitality , looks like it only syncs Steps which is weird, as I do 45 mins of gym classes. Any suggestions how I can sync my active minutes to vitality ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The best suggestion we can give is to ask Vitality or go to their website, 

A quick search gives me this page where they say 

GET STARTED

Track your workouts through Vitality using a Fitbit device to earn points based on tracking your steps, speed and average heart rate with your device.

Vitality members can get up to 25% cash back on selected fitness devices with the Vitality HealthyGear and HealthyCare benefits.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also now have a charge 2. What you need to do is open the fitbit app and
click on TRACK EXERCISE on the home screen. Then click on settings in the
top right. Then turn all the auto-recognitions for all the activities to
ignore. When you start a workout on your fitbit go to the various EXERCISE
options. Push the button a couple of times until you see an activity, I
think it's RUN or something. Then tab the fit bit till you get workout.
Hold the button down and it will start the workout. Then hold the button
down at the end of the workout to stop it. This will then register the
entire workout.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i had same issue today.

It picked up a 20 walk in mall 

But didn't log with discovery a 70 min work out.

By switching of auto detect.will this work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Niveshr which tracker do you have? This thread is about the Alta HR and Discovery Vitality. On the Alta HR there isn't a way to manually start an exercise like can be done with the Charge 2. 

You say that it picked up a 20 minute walk but not a 70 minute workout, with no mention of what type of workout. 

Did Fitbit pickup the workout and it wasn't transferred to Vitality? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i have a charge 2.i selected on the device work out and at the end deseleted on device.it shows results on fitbit app but discovery app only shows a fail for 20 min walk

Best Answer
0 Votes

Discovery Vitality is not a listed known app that connects with Fitbit and I can't find any official post on what is suppose to sync between the two. @Niveshr I suggest contacting them .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone and good to see you around @Niveshr! Thank you for your input @Rich_Laue, you are correct. Is true that Vitality doesn't show among our officially supported third party apps, so in these instances the information is very limited.

Based in the information I have collected, I know Vitality will sync: activities and exercises, profile, weight, heart rate, food and water logs, sleep, Fitbit devices and settings, friends. Any other information that goes beyond the mentioned before, will not be recognized and I ca see the pattern based on your experiences.

Since Vitality will received only exercises and not steps as an individual count, this mean that only activity records (Charge 2) or SmartTrack exercises (AltaHR and Charge 2), will be recognized, leaving out any information that is not included in the exercise log.

As it was suggested by @Rich_Laue, the best here, is to contact Vitality support for more help.

See you later and keep participating in our Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi 

Did you solve your problems ? 

You can change the settings to autorecognise the activities after so many minutes. I think they are initially set at 15 minutes so I assume wont recognise anything under than time ? 

I am also struggling with the exercises are recorded individually. I walked, ran and walked last night and they were sent in 3 batches. luckily the last walk was over 30 minutes so I got my 300 points. 

My heart rate was however sent though 

Best Answer
0 Votes