Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit not linking with myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit and myfitnesspal will not sync or link together. Every time I try to link them the Fitbit website says 'it's not you, it's us' and explains and internal server issue. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the apps but it hasn't worked. Any suggestions welcome please! It's annoying me that myfitnesspal isn't recording all the steps I'm doing.
Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105
Worked for me. Thnx. Got everything working again.
Best Answer
Same thing is happening to me too
Best Answer
This issue is not limited to MyFitnessPal. I was unable to sync my Pact app, disconnected in an effort to workaround the issue, and now I'm unable to reconnect. This issue seems to be on FitBit's side. I've reached out to them via email support but have not heard back from them as of this writing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My finally worked you have to close out all your browsers and then clear out your cache and cookies

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The way it works is that MyFitnessPal sends you to Fitbit's auth page, then when you hit "Allow", it's suppose to redirect you back to MyFitnessPal. Since MFP has had some recent intermittent site issues, it sounds like there may have been an issue redirecting back to MFP.

I unlinked/relinked my MFP and Fitbit accounts yesterday and today without any issues. The only thing I can really suggest is to keep trying.

@jonlorusso Not sure about Pact, but have you tried unlinking from both sides (Pact and Fitbit) before relinking?

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, it's working for me now.  But I'm having my original problem that made me disconnect and reconnect in the first place 😞  MFP won't track my steps from FitBit, but will take it from my iPhone and will also keep track of my food with FitBit - just the steps/activity won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem as a number of other people. I can unlink and link to my hearts content through a browser on my MBP. But when I go into the MFP app to have my fitbit tracker steps count, I get and error alert. Every time. If I add the fitbit device through the MFP app (under steps), it gives me an error message on the fitbit side saying "It isn't you, it's us." 

So the fix you give everybody, while it helps to link and unlink apps, doesn't work. I'm pretty sure you guys are having server issues preventing the syncing of steps between my fitbit and MFP. 

I've even installed and uninstalled the apps on my iPhone only to have the same issue repeat and repeat and repeat. So it appears to be a server issue, more than likely Fitbit's, and not an app issue. Everything seem to start misbehaving around noon CDT. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. As of this morning 7/20/16 I'm having the same issues. MyFitnessPal is populating the food/calories between the two apps, but steps will not sync. I've tried uninstalling both apps, reinstalling, restarting my iPhone, revoking access, giving access. I keep getting a "unknown error, please keep trying" when I go to MyFitnessPal and try to specify fibit as my step tracker. Least I'm not alone 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@neinahpets @sdazzle @fouponlady I see what you're saying now, I'm getting the same error through the MFP app.

I reached out to MyFitnessPal and they're aware of the issue. They're currently working on a fix, so please be patient!

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Thanks...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Appreciate it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
He steps not transferring over was the reason I unlinked mine in the first place. So i essentially have both issues happening.

@AndrewFitbit thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all, just saw this update from MFP:

"Hello,

We became aware of an issue around 12:30pm today, that is causing Daily Exercise Adjustments and/or Step Count not to appear in member's Exercise Diaries. This is not specific to a single integration partner and is affecting many of our members. We have isolated the cause and implemented a few fixes around 2:45pm PST. Everything has recovered and should be syncing as normal.

Thank you for your patience while we worked to get this resolved!

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff"

I checked my account and can confirm it's working again. 🙂

What motivates you?

Best Answer

The issue is not resolved. @AndrewFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit i had to log out of both apps, go on the PC and revoke/give back access, log in to both apps, close both apps, then go back in and manually sync from MyFitnessPal.... it appears to be working. Amen

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fouponlady Ah strange, I only had to go into my MFP settings and reselect Fitbit as the step counter. Glad to hear you got it working!

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, it's working for me too. Took me some work to get it to work, but steps are showing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sill not allowing me to link mfp to my Fitbit. I'm still getting the 'it's not you, it's us' error message
Best Answer
Now that the syncing issue has been resolved I'm annoyed at myself for unlinking them.
Grrr....why can't it just work!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not working for me,, !! 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes