Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit not linking with myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit and myfitnesspal will not sync or link together. Every time I try to link them the Fitbit website says 'it's not you, it's us' and explains and internal server issue. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the apps but it hasn't worked. Any suggestions welcome please! It's annoying me that myfitnesspal isn't recording all the steps I'm doing.
Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105
Mine isn't resolved either. Surge/mfp/iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @JuanJiFitbit I tried this the other day on the computer and it didn't work however today it has worked and my accounts are linked up. Activities are syncing but not steps
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Soniacarta A warm welcome to the Community! MyFitnessPal has been having issues with the website lately and some users haven't been able to link both websites. One of our moderator reach out to MyFitnessPal as you can see here and they mentioned that they are already working on a fix. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KimmiK A warm welcome to the Community! You may want to check this thread because MyFitnessPal has been having issues with the website. They mentioned that they are aware of the issue and working on a solution. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much, Sylvia. That sounds right. For the most part, the problem seems to be solved. I'm loving my Fitbit! Take care.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Until recently I had no problems syncing the steps on my charge hr with my fitness pal (mfp) but yesterday it just wouldn't. To try and fix it I revoked the access linking the two, to reattach them. Now however everything I click allow access I'm sent to an error page. Anyone else had this? Do people know if it will be fixed soon? I'm struggling to calculate calories burned I can add into mfp. Cheers.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I get a "sorry. It's not you, it's us."....this has been the same message for three weeks now. What is going on and is there any way to connect the two apps?
Best Answer
My husband and I are having the same problem. I think that there is a problem on Fitbit's end. I hope they get it fixed soon!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been trying to link the Fitbit App to the MyFitnessPal app for 3 days. I keep getting the "Its not You its Us" message. How do I go about linking the 2 apps. Thank You
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been trying to link the Fitbit App to the MyFitnessPal app for 3 days. I keep getting the "Its not You its Us" message. How do I go about linking the 2 apps. Thank You
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Finonae @SusanWork @Jenniferinlv @Marika2

I merged your posts into one thread and put them in the Third Party Integrations forum area.

Have you checked with MFP?

One of the moderators from Fitbit will probably stop by to address this issue.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I, randomly, managed to get my Fitbit to link to MFP. On the screen where I would've selected 'allow' instead I went to the bottom of the screen and chose to log out.
It then took me to a screen where I put my email address and password and it went to MFP and said I'd successfully linked the two.
Weird.
Anyway, now I'm back to them not syncing.
It says my Fitbit tracker is what I've chosen for my steps but nothing syncs
Best Answer
My steps have not shown up on myfitnesspal for over a month. I have reconnected my charge, I have disconnected my charge from the app, I have denied myfitnesspal access to my charge, and restarted my phone and computer. Still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Hltatar

Have moved this thread from the Charge to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're having trouble with Fitbit steps syncing to MyFitnessPal, then you might want to try this:

1. Unlink the connection between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit from both sides.

MFP disconnect.png

Fitbit Revoke.png

2. Once it's disconnected from both sides, go back to MyFitnessPal's App Gallery and connect Fitbit.

3. In MyFitnessPal's mobile app, go into the "Steps" settings in the "More" tab, then reselect Fitbit as your step counter.

stepsSettings.png          stepsSettings2.png

• You can also do this through MyFitnessPal's site by going here.

4. If you do this through the mobile app, make sure you scroll to the bottom of the "More" tab and tap "Sync". 

mfpsync.png

After you sync, you should (hopefully) see your steps again on the "Home" tab in the app, or in the "Check-In" section on myfitnesspal.com. Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Hey everyone,

I moved a few of your guys' posts to this thread, if your steps still aren't syncing then make sure to check out my previous post!

What motivates you?

Best Answer
Did everything you suggested, still getting the "it's not you, it's us" message.
Best Answer
@AndrewFitbit
Thank you for your help, but I've done those steps numerous times
Best Answer

@NHmommy Can I see a screenshot of the error? It also would be good to know what the URL is when you see that error.

@Soniacarta Are you getting the same error or is your data just not syncing?

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was getting both issues. First it wasn't syncing so I thought I'd unlink them and relink them. But I couldn't and I was getting the 'it's not you, it's us' error screen. Managed to accidently resolve that as mentioned previously.
Once they linked then I was back to the not syncing issues.
Which I've just now discovered as decided to randomly correct itself.
Go figure
Best Answer
0 Votes